Society | Teen Ink

Society

By d3v1n BRONZE, Jonestown, Pennsylvania
d3v1n BRONZE, Jonestown, Pennsylvania

'We are all perfectly broken.'

For years, I was always the outcast. I'm that girl that society hates. But what is society to tell me how to act, how to dress and and what size my body should be? Maybe I'm a rebel child. I'm definitely not the person my family wanted me to be. But, I think that also has to do with how they raised me. You cannot raise a child off alcohol, cigarettes and broken hopes and dreams and expect them to be society's little angel. I listen to my music way too loud, and wear too much makeup and wear all black but that's just me. My mother always said that makeup is to enhance your beauty, not to make you a new person. But why wouldn't I paint a new face when she tells me that my beauty cannot be enhanced because I have none. I'm completely obsessed with tattooes and piercings and unnatural hair colors. I mean I'm even a lesbian. And although society has there own idea about people like me, I'm not ashamed whatsoever to be me. If I can't be me then what's the point of living? Celebrities are always encouraging their fans to be themselves and be different and to embrace it. They don't understand how hard it is to be different when society already has a set definition of perfection. Life is a precious gift and we choose to waste it judging everyone else's decisions. I wish more people could look in the mirror and be extremely proud to be different. Body size, style, music, sexual preference and beauty don't define a person, personality does.

I hope that when people read this, they will realize that we are all beautiful and that we are all worth it. Society is wrong and you shouldn't listen to it. Be different, be unique and be you. No matter you will always be loved because I love you all.