The Real Dream | Teen Ink

The Real Dream

July 23, 2015
By Believe101 GOLD, Regina, Other
Believe101 GOLD, Regina, Other
12 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Being a person, a singular participant in this world, I should know that it takes time to see who you truly are. It takes time to stop fantasizing and dreaming about being someone you’re not. To be, and to love who you are, inside and out, is a trait that no one has come to terms with yet. It's hard to seize the moment, when who you are, is so far away from who you want to be. I could dream up a thousand words, a hundred personalities, but I could never play the part, act as if who I am, is nothing compared to this unimaginable fantasy. We, as people, need to stop trying to change, trying to become so unorthodox and disguised. I have become someone who has only started to accept, and love who I've grown to be. As a person, a singular participant in this world, I should know that becoming who you are, and who you were meant to be, is the real dream. Stop wearing masks, stop playing parts, reveal who you are inside. Don't push the reality away, do not lose yourself while trying to find someone more impressive. There is only one of you and you will never find someone more unique and individualized than yourself.


The author's comments:

Allow your true colors to explode out of you. Don't paint the picture perfectly, don't worry about staying within the lines. Never change who you are to impress the artists around you, make YOU, how YOU want. Decide every flaw, and every perfection.