The Pursuit of Perfection | Teen Ink

The Pursuit of Perfection

By Swati BRONZE, Mathura, Other
Swati BRONZE, Mathura, Other

The astute and thoughtful quest that cripples our mind and creates waves through the very essnce of our soul, that bars us from being us, and like a monster spreads it's tentacles rith great vengeance to capture our leeway, the uattainable virtual benchmark set high up the spiral stairs interplaying between ideality, success and excellence, that has been fretting philosophers since time immemorial and stays unwinnable for eternity, the most of it is still the least of it: The pursuit of perfection

The dictionary defines perfection as the highest degree of proficiency, skill, or excellence, but the doubt casts upon the question of fact that how high is the 'highest'! Members of the Perfectionists' Club are involved in an exhausting, never ending quest to attain perfection. But no matter how perfect one may be, there is always something to learn, to do, and to acquire. The scope of knowledge scratches and tears apart trough the skies and breezes on till the vault of heaven, the unreachable. Through all of this striving, the sand keeps passing through the narrow neck to the other glass head and we humans, who have evolved to be the most elite of animals till the very last breath fail to realise even what we wanted most and what we wanted then. This maniac quest robs thee of the joy of living. Is the conclusion to ditch striving to be our very best and settle for being sloppy or careless? Absolutely not! Let the goal be to to do and to be our very best. Let us embrace our imperfections and spend more time living, laughing, loving and allowing our flaws to show!