The Unknown | Teen Ink

The Unknown

By Raquel45 BRONZE, Coronado, California
Raquel45 BRONZE, Coronado, California

It’s funny how no matter how much you plan and how much you try to control the future, it never ends up the way you thought it would. When I was younger, I was a control freak. I loved to plan and I had a schedule for everything. This would include both long and short term plans, from planning my family vacations to my afternoons. Not until recently I realized that despite how hard I try to understand and control my future, things will always get in my way. They are unavoidable and unexpected things that are beyond my control. You can plan however much you want but things will always change, people will always change. You come to a point in your life where you realize that nothing is what you planned and everything is changing on you. The thought of not knowing what the future holds is very scary to me because I’ve always tried to control what comes next. Despite all this, change does not necessarily have to be bad or negative, it just means different.

This is something very current in my life and I am still learning how to deal with it.