Treasure of Waukesha County | Teen Ink

Treasure of Waukesha County

By Pete64 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Pete64 SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Waukesha County is a place filled with rich history and many long standing landmarks.  One that I think should be made a Waukesha Treasure is Kuhtz General Store.  The location has a rich history and has had an impact on multiple generations in the Stone Bank area. 

The store has been around since 1929 and has been in the family for 4 generations.  People living in Stone Bank have grandparents that tell stories about going to Kuhtz as a child.  It has become a part of the town.

The building is not just a general store though, it is a bar and restaurant also, serving drinks, food, ice cream, and anything else you could expect out of a small store. They’ve become the go-to place for almost anyone living in the area, and the fact that they’ve kept up such a reputation for so long says something.  Being a bar, there are many people that regular at Kuhtz.  There are many people I know that have great memories there and hope that the place “will never close.”  When I ask either children or adults from the area about Kuhtz, they always have a story of something positive that happened while they were there.

Kuhtz General Store is an integral part of Stone Bank life.  It has a rich history and has impacted many people who have lived in the area.  It is truly a Waukesha County Treasure as it is treasured by anyone that lives in the area.

My local county wanted to have people write in about people's opinions on local places that deserve to be considered for the "Treasure of Waukesha County" list.