A Woman's Guide On How To Dress (A Satirical Essay) | Teen Ink

A Woman's Guide On How To Dress (A Satirical Essay)

April 15, 2015
By Carly Williams BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Carly Williams BRONZE, Sacramento, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Currently in America women are starting to dress more and more scandalous. Women are showing more skin than ever before. This is an issue that is plaguing our society, and it needs to be addressed. Because of the way women are dressing, men are starting to to lose focus as well as their moral direction. Women need to understand that it is their job to make sure they are not dressed in a way that would distract men. To avoid the possible distraction of men I propose we implement a strict nation wide dress codes to ensure that men no longer get distracted by a woman’s body and do not give into her seductive ways. Women will no longer be permitted to show their shoulders, knees, cleavage, or collarbone at anytime. If a woman does show any of these parts of her body she will be forced to change her outfit; as well as, in worst case she will be subjected to public shaming, such as stoning.


This strict dress code shall be enforced so that all women are fully covered at all times. If they are not they will be the cause of a great social catastrophe, because men will not be able to focus. To obtain the utmost public standards, this dress code will include: turtleneck long-sleeved shirts, loose-fitting jeans, and close-toed shoes. Showing off shoulders, knees, cleavage, and collarbones is prohibited at all times. These body parts are extremely sexual. If women do not follow this dress code, they could possibly distract the men who are working very hard to improve our society. Obviously, because we cannot have the men distracted from their jobs, there will be severe repercussions if the dress code is not followed. As a society we need our men to be focused on the important things and if they give into the desires of women then they cannot focus on what is important. Women should always have to change how they look for the better of the society they live in. This dress code will not just be in place to keep the men focused on improving society as whole, but it will also keep women from seducing men and then crying “RAPE!”


Because many women feel the need to wear revealing clothing, and tease men with their sexuality; women often fall victim to a man’s desire, but this is at no fault of the men. This is the woman’s fault she must always cover herself, and if she does dress provocatively she will be taken advantage of by the poor men whose animalistic instincts kick in at the sight of women. When women wears for example: a mini skirt, and a halter top, she is essentially asking for a man’s attention. Men do not have the ability to control themselves so it is up to the women to change things about themselves so that men are more comfortable in social situations. Women dress provocatively and then when men take advantage of them they go out, and they try to get these poor men arrested! Thankfully statistics on Rainn.org show that only “two percent” of these men who women accuse of raping them will go to jail. This is a relief, because when women dress provocatively they are opening themselves up to having men all over them. Just because she claims it is rape does not mean it is true. Also if a woman is "raped" it is her fault; she should not have dressed like that, and she should be punished not the men who fell victim to her seductive ways. If this ever happens young girls we need to teach them to “forgive and forget” it is her fault for seducing these men it is not the man’s for acting on his instinct (Kingkade par. 2). Now if women follow this strict dress code these problems will no longer occur. Women will not lead men on, and men will feel comfortable in their social environment.


It is evident that if all women follow this guide on how to dress in their everyday lives that it will not only improve our society, but it will make our economy work more efficiently, because the men will no longer be distracted by a woman’s body. So instead of teaching of men to not oversexualize a woman’s body, we should as a society shame our girls, and make them change how they look so that the men are not forced to be decent people. If as a society we all ban together by shaming our girls for how they look and call them liars when they report rape then we will be helping our men. We will be helping our men by giving them less distractions and keeping them from possibly being blamed for “raping” women. We need to take the two percent of men who are in jail for “rape” and lower it to zero. This will make our society as a whole better. Men should never have to change their behavior, because women dress provocatively.

 


Work Cited
Kingkade, Tyler. Angie Epifano, Amherst Rape Survivor: Reaction To Op-Ed On Sexual Assault
Was 'Overwhelming'. Huffingtonpost.com.
Why will only 2 out of 100 rapists go to jail. Rainn.org. 2009. Web. 10 February 2015.
Wilson, Bruce. The Republican Rape Advisory Chart. Alternet.org. October 25 2013. Web. 10
February 2015.


The author's comments:

This piece is a Satirical Essay that has to do with the social issues revolving around womens rights and rape culture.