SPEAK UP! | Teen Ink

SPEAK UP!

By saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other

A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)

“You can be amazing. You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug.
You can be the outcast or be the backlash of somebody’s lack of love.

Or you can start speaking up.
Nothing’s gonna hurt you the way that words do and the settle beneath your skin.
Kept on the inside and no sunlight...sometimes a shadow wins. But I wonder what would happen if you…say what you wanna say and let the words fall out. Honestly...I wanna see you be brave. With what you wanna say and let the words fall out.

Everybody’s been there…everybody’s been stared down by the enemy.
Fallen for the fear and done some disappearing. Bow down to the mighty.
But don’t run just stop holding your tongue.

Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live. Maybe one of these days you can let the light in.
Show me...how big your brave is. Innocence...your history of silence. Won’t do you any good. Did you think it would?

Let your words be anything but empty. Why don’t you tell them the truth?” sang Sara Bareilles.
Speak up. How many times have we been told to speak up? More times than we can ever count.
But do we ever speak up? No...Most of the time we keep silent. We hide what we really feel.
And why do we do this? Why don’t we speak up?
Some of us are scared and this stops us from speaking up. The rest of us don’t speak up because we never get the opportunity or because we just don’t how to speak up.
Well...speaking up occurs in many situations in life.
Sometimes the reason we don’t speak up is because we’re afraid. What are we so afraid of?
We’re afraid of being judged. We’re afraid of being abandoned.
And what we don’t realize is that when we let this fear control us, when we don’t speak up for ourselves, we lose the chance of having what we really want.
Some of us speak our mind and express how we feel through social networks. On Social Networks, we scream and protest and show the world who we are. We let ourselves be heard.
And some of us write blogs and express our views on various topics.

Some of us sing. Some of us write poems and stories. And some of us just play music.
We try to speak up in many ways. We tell people about what we feel and how we see things.
Speaking up helps to understand each other much better because we get to know how the other person thinks and feels.

It’s a risk to speak up at times because the words you say may not agree with another and they would do whatever they can to stop you. But…sometimes speaking up can make many changes.

For example: Avaaz is an online organization that signs petitions and speaks up about the problems of the world. It invites people to sign petitions,make donations and write letters to certain authoritative people to make a change in the world and to solve a problem. And it has been successful many times. Avaaz has been able to help so many people in many ways and it has been able to save natural habitats of sea creatures as well.
If more people got together and spoke up,we’d be able to make a big change.

It’s a risk to speak up..but it’s a risk worth taking because it’s the same risk that might save you one day.
So speak up while you can because who knows..there might be someone out there who wants to speak up..who has so much to say but doesn’t have the ability to do so.

Speak up..speak up for yourself..speak up for those who love..speak up for the world..speak up and make a change.
Don’t let your ability go to waste. Use it.
Be brave. Say what you want to say and let the words fall out.
SPEAK UP!

on Dec. 24 2014 at 8:42 pm
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other

(I created these quotes)

Thanks. :)

on Dec. 24 2014 at 3:01 pm
NILAKSHI008 SILVER, PANIPAT, Other

Good opinion once lost, is lost forever.

Inspiring!