Why?? | Teen Ink

Why??

By tess176 BRONZE, Bangor, Maine
tess176 BRONZE, Bangor, Maine

One of the main problems of people, is that no one understands. They don’t understand feelings. And they especially don’t understand reasons. That is why we question “why” so often, because we don’t understand. And we never will, that’s just how it works. We don’t understand why we cry for no reason, or why we bomb tests that we spent three hours studying for. We don’t understand why we always lose the people that we love without saying goodbye. We don’t understand that there will be people in our lives that hurt us, and will make us feel like we are all alone in the world . And those are the most dangerous people. The ones that draw us in by admiration, and then kill us with pain. We wish to enjoy such pleasures and indulge in them. But then they always seem to be the death of us. And we don’t understand why.

Why do we fall for people that we know we don’t have a chance with getting. Why do we want things that seem to slip through our fingers anytime that we try to grasp it. Why do we lose our most valuable asset, and the thing that makes us who we are, gets taken away. Its not fair. It will never be fair. So as for one to cry, one does not seek recompense in the heart trodden problems. And yet again, its not fair. Life isn’t fair so why do we have it. Those who deserve life die, and those who derserve to die, live. Where is there rightful judgement in such cruelty. It doesn’t make sense to make one suffer but at the same time you realize that there is but few other chances and few other opportunities.

We need to take the chances that we are given, we need to earn the respect we wish to have, but we have yet to earn. And we need to earn it, we need to stop just gaining it for no reason because what does that teach us. Nothing? Exactly. And its not fair. But not everything can be fair! Life isnt a circus where we wait for our ring master. We can’t do anything about it and it stinks! Sitting around waiting for everything to go correctly. It doesn’t work that way so just shut up. Soon you will realize that no one cares about you and your pathetic life. And you will feel self pity and wallow in the darkness of your shadows, but we don’t care. That is pretty much society for you in a nutshell. But, one other thing about society is that they say they won’t judge you and that you are free to be yourself, but the second you start being yourself they’re like oh no! What the heck do you think your doing and you, being the innocent person that you are think that they were telling you the truth when they said they weren’t going to judge you, but lookie here! They judge you. And that is no one’s fault but yourself. You decided to rely on people and trust them with who you are, and they decide to use it against you. And you don’t know why you trusted them. That’s just how it works, you trust people and share your true identity with them and then they go and throw it right in your face with out a second thought, after all it’s not their life. and so it doesn’t affect them. They will just hurt you and say things against you and you wish that you could make it stop, but the voices are there and you know, full heartedly that there is nothing you can do to change it, and you don’t know why.

I hate it when people die; Especially the ones that give you hope that everything will get better, and then they leave on you, never to return.  Yeah, everything is totally going to get better now. Its quite ironic isn’t it. Why does that always seem to happen? And after they are gone, you think about the last thing you said to that person, was it nice, were you nice to them? And if you know that you weren’t you get left with the most guilt ever possible to get as a man. There is no bigger regret than this. And it really puts a damper on the rest of your life. And no one wants that. But so i suggest that you tell everyone, every day that you love them, and care about them, because you never know when their last day is or yours for that fact.

Life can end in a blink of an eye, and you can almost never see it coming, and if you can, they you won’t want to recognize that it is right there sitting at the door step. And that is when you know that you are too late, is when you think, why didn’t I love them sooner, why, why, why, why. Why is the biggest question in life. Because we will never understand the answer.

I thought about writing this when I asked myself this question and I realized that I couldn't find an answer. I hope that when people read this they will ask themselves this question and ponder it's meaning in their life to help them constuct their life.