The Life I Have and The Life I Want | Teen Ink

The Life I Have and The Life I Want

By brittany.lara BRONZE, Hemet, California
brittany.lara BRONZE, Hemet, California

"adventure is out there" "don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."

At least once in your life you have thought it would be fun to have the super power invisibility. You could do anything you wanted without being caught. No one ever thought it could happen or be real. Then again, how are people supposed to know if no one can see you?

The life of invisibility, I have it. So many times I have been ignored; I have been starting to think I am actually invisible. It is honestly not what I expected. You would think it would be fun to keep to yourself, listen in on others conversations, be on your own, but its not. It is lonely, tiring, and boring. I mean it is nice to be able to relax and not have everyone bombarding you. To not have to come up with a quick answer and just listen and to do your own things with out anyone questioning or judging you. However, at the same time, you do want all these things. You want to be part of your friends conversations, asking questions, knowing the whole story. And you do want others opinions. Even though some do get annoying, it is nice to have others input on things. You just want something interesting to happen in life. I don’t want this life of invisibility.

I want the social life of popularity. To be bombarded with party invites, a thousand texts on my phone from friends, people wanting to hang out. My social media always blowing up and having people always wanting to talk to me. I want to have the busy life and being so tired from popularity that when I get home, I could just go straight to bed. I want to go out on the town at night and go on adventures with groups of people. To see the stars and the mysteries of the world and having everyone share it with me. I want to be able to wake up the next day and to start the whole day over again with everyone by my side. The life of popularity is a hard goal to reach.

Even though popularity would be amazing for anyone to have and being invisible would be amazing to over come. I just want to be me, because I love who I am. I just wish that others could understand it...

how invisibility and popularity influence me.