5 Steps to Strength and Hope | Teen Ink

5 Steps to Strength and Hope

By power16 BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
power16 BRONZE, Tampa, Florida

Encourage my dream. Unlock the passion

Some people say that it's truly hard to move on out of harsh times so they can regain their strength. Don't know how then let me teach you something.

Step 1: Cherish Your Dream

I have heard people say time and time again that I gave up my dream because people didn't believe in me or didn't bother to care about what I did. Do you hear yourself? Is that what you really want entitled to you? To have so much negativity in your mind that you can't move on? Build up your image and fight back instead of falling. It's like taking baby steps! You walk then you fall but that doesn't mean you stand down forever! Get it together!

Step 2: Better Friends

Sounds awkward but it's really true! You will be influenced by your friends who doesn't have any intentions of making their lives better! So now you are walking around behind their shadow when you know you want to become better! Stop being a follower and have hope that one day you will find people who really care about what you want to do in life!

Step 3: Never Give Up

You probably appiled for that job more than once and yet you get denied. Does that mean you give up or does that make you strong? Just because one person said NO you think the whole world is against you? The most important thing to do is to get back and never let your light go out! Shine your intelligence through other people so one day you will get recognized!

Step 4: Change For The Good

Wondering how in the world have I got this far? How was I able to feed my kids at night? Well because you changed for the good! Why do you want to stress your life out and make things so hard when they can be so easy? You have the control to change YOU and nobody can take that away from you. Take your pride and live it on.

Step 5: Just Keep Swinging

Life is tough and I get that! But it's what you allow it to take you... You want to throw it away by making some stupid mistake that happened years ago but yet you keep making the same excuses. When are you going to grow up and put on your thinking cap and say to yourself: I'm tired of being this way. Keep moving and never stop because you have to hold on to something unless you want to fall. Dream a better dream for you and have hope and strength because one day someone will look upon you and you will truly feel special. Hold on and don't let go.

I feel like us as teens need something to uplift our souls.