Organs and Rights Stolen | Teen Ink

Organs and Rights Stolen

By Indrani23 BRONZE, Toronto, Other
Indrani23 BRONZE, Toronto, Other

More than 27 million individuals are being pilfered from their domiciles, abducted and for one particular reason; their organs. These organs are marketed in high price and purchased by prosperous societies who are in the requirement of a transplant. The amount of people requiring a transplant is greatly exceeding the amount of people that are willing to relinquish their organs. This is the rationale why particular populaces even contemplate about a vile crime such as black market organ transplanting. Whilst a selected few populaces willingly, but reluctantly volunteer because they require a source of income, most aren’t given a preference.

One of the numerous nations this condition is ensuing in is India. The amount of destitution in India is sky rocketing. In India when night descents the avenues become practically isolated. The homeless is still wandering though and if anyone was to take them there would be scarce to no witnesses. It is appalling enough that they don’t even procure their human rights and the necessities that one should retain, but they are additionally taken apart without their consent. The average societies don’t know how to assist and even if they did they are unwilling because of the endangerment that would come with.

You may be thinking that the fatalities still live and hopefully get over that episode in their life, but that is not always the case. Many people perish on the operation table. Some bleed to their death, some operations go haywire and some people are deliberately murdered, either to conceal their tracks or because they want an imperative organ (heart, lungs). Most are bereaved of only a few or a single organ, but for particular individuals they are wiped of most or all their organs, their tissues, and their bone marrow. Also this doesn’t only occur to adults and adolescents but it also transpires to children even at the young age of 1 or 2. Why does their life have to attain its culmination before it even commenced?

What could direct these corrupt doctors and vile beings to go to such drastic measures? The answer is voracity. These organs are very expensive. Human trafficking specialist Allen Smith has said that. ”A heart or lung can even be sold up to $875,000.” These prices drive some people into such greed that they do such inhumane and vile things. The more people requiring a transplant the higher the value and price goes.

Then there is their family to think about. Human trafficking doesn’t only involve the victims but their relatives and friends as well. Statistics show that only 2/10 of victims are divulged regarding the situation beforehand. However in most cases their families don’t have an indication about what is happening. This issue is affecting many and can’t be overlooked. Whether they emerge of the ordeal thriving or not a fragment of them will always be absent, and along with the victims their relatives also suffer with them.

This is not fair to the victim and you can succour them in many ways. All you have to do is raise awareness; let the news spread. Many of the societies that are on the receiving end of the organs don’t realize where the organs come from. If more people are divulged beforehand then perchance people will reconsider what doing. There are more than 27 million people who are suffering because of black market organ transplanting and you can help save many and that is just by raising awareness!

This is an informative article about organ trafficking and how serious it is. I have asked around and it seems as though not a lot of people really knows what it is although it is quite a serious matter. I hope that after reading this article people realize what a serious issue it is and are encouraged to act against it.

Indrani23 BRONZE, Toronto, Other
Thank You!  

Anaraya Striker, Hjghkjhkg, Other
This is great work!

Anaraya Striker, Hjghkjhkg, Other
Doesn't some countries have this happening legally or no?

on Apr. 26 2014 at 9:30 am
Maria Belzorovich, Moscow, Other
It is sad enough that it happens to adults but kids too?  :(

on Apr. 26 2014 at 9:23 am
Indrani23 BRONZE, Toronto, Other
Thank You!

Indrani23 BRONZE, Toronto, Other
Thank you! I also plan on writing more.

Natasha Ian said...
Natasha Ian, Jikjikj, Illinois
However I truely enjoyed reading your article and i hope to read more. :D

Natasha Ian said...
Natasha Ian, Jikjikj, Illinois
The things some people have to endure is quite sad.

Indrani23 BRONZE, Toronto, Other
Thank you.

Indrani23 BRONZE, Toronto, Other
Thank you very much for your valuable comment. I am 13 years old.

david said...
How old are you?

priyanka norin, Mumbai, Other
This is a very serious topic and these poor souls do not deserve what is happening with them. They would be thankful that someone is trying to raise awareness for them

lidya smith said...
lidya smith, Toronto, Other
ikr  

lidya smith said...
lidya smith, Toronto, Other
I actually didnt know everthing.

lidya smith said...
lidya smith, Toronto, Other
There are some really sick people out there.

jonas alviarez, Idfoudhfud, Kentucky
That is why she wrote it.

jonas alviarez, Idfoudhfud, Kentucky
You are really good at writing! How old are you?  

cynthia smith, Toronto/ontario, Louisiana
does this really happen?  

wow this is amazing!

sutopa das said...
sutopa das, Dhaka, Other
you are a very good writer!