Soul Conversations | Teen Ink

Soul Conversations

March 14, 2014
By monikitty12 PLATINUM, New York, New York
monikitty12 PLATINUM, New York, New York
35 articles 0 photos 52 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.


Truth. Reality. Its what everyone thinks about these days. But what is reality? Growing up is reality. Popularity is reality. And accepting the fact that you're not perfect is reality. Sometimes, I don't even know what to do to achieve these realities. Its hard to grow up, even harder to become popular when you're not even in the category other people want you to be in. In fact, people generalize things about you because you are not in that category, which isn't fair.

Elementary school was full of freedom. No one judges you by how you look, dress, or even smell! But slowly, as you go up the ladder to middle school, peers start to judge and you face your first experience of bullying and criticize, which might lead some to suicide. So many people out there killed themselves in middle school in order to escape from the horrors of betrayal, tease, and assaults. But this is not the worst part. High School is a big leap from junior high, its a vast, and scary abyss. There's no way out once you dive in, unless you use your wits to get out of it. There, peers start to care less about you even though staff members in every school try to encourage students to develop school spirit, but no such luck.

All of these problems are out there; and many of these terrorized victims haven't survived it. But you can speak up. There have been many "stop bullying banners" out there, but that actually does make a difference. In order to stop future generations to make the same mistakes, we need to have a say in the world. There kids need to have peers that can listen to them, share ideas amongst each other, and more. No more cliques should exist; there should be meaningful ones. Seriously, people aren't born to judge one another, they are born to create a welcoming society for every person whether if they're Asian, white, Hispanic, etc.