How to Kill a Frog

How do you boil a frog? You just put it in a pot of boiling water, right? Wrong, the frog would jump out because they wouldn't be used to it. Instead you would put it in a pot of water, then slowly bring it up to a boil, allowing the frog to get used to it. This works with humans, not to kill them but in their mind set.
Swearing for example, has the frog effect. While we were little, we barely knew what a swear was, except it was bad. When we learned what the words were then we were greatly annoyed by them. Slowly, we became accustomed to the words, we didn't mind if someone said a**, as an example. Soon words crept into our everyday language, we didn't mind them at all. Soon the f-word and other things were a weekly thing, a daily thing, an hourly thing. Soon it was sprinkled everywhere in our conversations.
The same frog effect went to many other things, inappropriateness being one. Things that I won't mention. However, the world is now sliding into the pot.
In the past, people were very well behaved, back when we used to say swell. Children wouldn't even speak unless spoken to. Now, a kid will talk back, and disrespect adults, and adults are beginning to care less and less.
Television doesn't help. People could barely show any skin in the past. Belly buttons used to be a forbidden appearance in a movie. That, as you know, has changed. Rated R used to mean using the F word once, now you have to have 10 tons of blood for it to be rated R. More and more, things are accepted. Humor is also made crude by shows such as "Family Guy" and "Two and a Half Men".
Slowly the heat is being turned up, and the world is getting more and more used to the bad things, the things that seemed like a forbidden territory.
The world is a great place, cool down and don't get caught in hot water.

Noah C. said...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 7:30 am:
wow nice way to think about things, I agree. (' U')

Dreamboat said...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 2:53 pm:
I agree that the world is changing but things change, people die, and things break. Humans are the only species that try to hold on the past, something your article does a great job of.

TheColorSilver said...
Feb. 28, 2011 at 3:10 pm:
wow, well put =]

AnonymousPoster said...
The world is getting worst. I'm actually afraid, that in 10 or 20 years everyone will be running around butt-naked and we'll have to rely on a morse code made up of swears as our only form of communication. That and pointing at someone and laughing.

yelloboe said...
Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:05 am:
Wow, that is a very good way to explain the world. My friend swears every other word and it drives me BONKERS! i do agree on the family guy thing but u have to admit, thats funny stuff man!

kussin' kevin said...
Although I don't necessarily agree with all the content, and rather enjoy the pleasant tingle brought to my lips by uncouth speech, I must say that this is superbly written. I also loved the metaphor you used, and how you related it to the subject and solution to the problem. Excellent job!

-kussin' kevin

Author said...
If you had read the article you would know that it is a metaphor. It is not literally how to kill a frog.

live laugh love said...
this is very cruel you should not hurt animals just for the fun of it. animals are part of our world and if you kill them GOD will judge you!!! this is very wrong