My Definition of A Friend | Teen Ink

My Definition of A Friend

By XCBVIA GOLD, Delaware, Ohio
XCBVIA GOLD, Delaware, Ohio

NGU. Never give up.

My definition of a friend is someone who will stay your friend through thick and thin. Someone who doesn't give you bull. Someone who is honest, and that I can trust with anything, including my life. Someone who is understanding and nice, and cool under pressure. Someone I can trust with my deepest secrets. Someone with wisdom. Someone who can advise me, who can point me in the right direction. Someone who can give me the best possible answers to my questions. Someone who can show me right from wrong, good from bad, when I can't see the line between them myself. Someone who will not help me in doing wrong, but steer me away from it, get me out out of it, and get me help who will show me my errors, and how to not do it again, for I am not the first person to do wrong, nor will I be the last. There are two major roads in life. In each you have to make decisions. In each, the roads constantly split into two or more. You can go down a road, but eventually you will reach a split. You then have to choose which road to go down. Both lead to more splits, where there can be two or more roads to continue on. When there is more than one road to go down, you have a harder time deciding which to go on. And when and you decide on a road to go down, you are deciding something in your life. This decision always changes your life, whether in a very large way or a very small way. (It's an analogy, the whole road thing.) There are consequences to everything you do, whether in a good or bad. Good consequences and bad consequences vary on whether they are small good or bad consequences, or whether they are big good or bad consequences. So if you choose the right road to go down, your life can change in a very big or very small way, and you can get a very big or very small good consequence out of it. Also, if you choose the wrong road, to go down, your life can change in a very big or very small bad way, and you can get a very big or very small bad consequence out of it. The two major roads intersect and have smaller roads leading off them to each other. This way you can easily go from one to the other. You can gradually go from the right major road to the wrong major road by taking right roads and wrong roads but gradually taking more and more wrong roads and end up on the wrong major road. Or they can suddenly go from the right major road to the wrong major road at an intersection between the two. The right major road is the road to wisdom, understanding, education, right, and life. The wrong major road leads to wrong, worry, sadness, regret, guilt, anger, tragedy, and death. The right major road is harder because you live to GOD'S word. The wrong major road is easier to take because sin is easier than GOD'S expectations. Some people start out on the wrong major road and never leave it. Some that started on it later try to find the right major road, but it is hard for them, because they are lost. Those that find it find it hard to get on it because it is hard to go from doing wrong to doing right. They must make may detours. Others start on the right major road but end up giving in to sin and going on to the wrong major road and getting lost. My friend is the one who takes the right major road and stays on, taking all the major roads (not to perfection though. No one is perfect). My friend believes in GOD in one way or another, follows his word, and does not sin (again, we're not perfect, I totally understand). My friend is not prejudice. My friend respects others beliefs.
MY FRIEND HAS THE SAME FRIEND DEFINITION AS ME.

This is from where I have been the past 9 months - in a facility. I read the book (because i wanted to) by Hill Harper, letters to a young brother and answered his question on what is your definition of a friend. I consider chloena_g off of this site a friend. She fits this description. SHOUT OUT TO chloena_g!!!!! Hope you're reading this!!!