Overpopulation | Teen Ink

Overpopulation

March 22, 2013
By BrayanPalma BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
BrayanPalma BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Nothing is impossible;your hard work will one day be recognized."


In 2012 when the planet’s population soars, will we have space to support everyone? Our population will eventually sky rocket, so in order to live we need to create more space for our own needs. The increase of population will also increase pollution and the ozone layer will be depleted. The purpose of this essay is to show the negative effects of overpopulation on the planet.

In the future, there will be less space for people to live in. Soon, we will in order to take personal space for our own purposes. We will cut down our resources by taking down trees and replacing them with houses. Many animals will have no home and will die in the wilderness because we were greedy and decided to increase in numbers. It is not our fault that our population is increasing but we can find a way to conserve space and share it with each other. Even though we are increasing, soon we will destroy everything we had.

Pollution will increase with a growing population. We will all breathe nothing but pollution if this keeps going. The future is nearing which means that we will have many inventions that create more pollution and endanger our planet even more. People will get mad and blame one another but in reality all of us are responsible for this problem. The more population we have, the more pollution, CO2 and methane, we will create. This problem is a negative effect on our world, but soon we will have no world if this keeps going.

Having more people is great and all, but when it means taking personal space that is not ours is not an acceptable thing to do. Many animals will die and many valuable resources will be gone. In addition, why would we want to live in a polluted world? If we somehow overcome the problem of space, we will still have a problem of having the air polluted to the point when everyone has to wear oxygen masks on a daily basis. The world can only hold so much, we need to take care of this planet or our future generation will not live to see the world.