Mexico Joining the United States | Teen Ink

Mexico Joining the United States

By YasminL. SILVER, Denver, Colorado
YasminL. SILVER, Denver, Colorado

Are you tired of the conflict between Mexico and the U.S.A? It wouldn’t be a problem if Mexico became a part of the U.S.A. Mexico needs help being a better country for their people; helping Mexico will provide friendly neighbors. There will be more jobs, less drug trafficking, and an advanced army.
First of all, if the countries joined, there would be more jobs. This means that the U.S. would have more talent. People from Mexico and America would get together and contribute to make the U.S. a better place. Also, we would have stronger cities. Families wouldn’t go hungry because parents would have jobs and money. Also, there would be less homeless roaming around in the streets, making it a safer environment. Mexico should be a part of the U.S.A because there would be a stronger economy, and there would be less racism against Mexicans.
Second, there would be less drug trafficking. In Mexico, children are being sold for drugs. Poor children are being harmed because of other narcs’ ambition. Many people die because of this. According to the website www.latino.foxnews.com says that, “an old Paso woman… said that her husband was deported across the border.” Imagine you being a person who was deported because people thought you looked like a criminal because of the drug trafficking stereotypes.
Additionally, the U.S. would have an advanced army. Mexico as itself has an army that is strong. This means that combining the U.S. and Mexico army would be very valuable. Also, it will protect people from terrorists. We need to make this happen so another terrorist attack won’t happen. A large number of people would be safe and protected.
Clearly, Mexico should be a part of the U.S. because we are going to have more jobs; there would be less drug trafficking, and an advanced army. Wouldn’t you want the best for the U.S.A? Well, if you want the best for yourself and family, support the cause Mexico should be a part of the U.S.A.

This article does not reflect my opinions about Mexico joining the United States. My teacher made us write a persuasive story that we do not agree.