Who Has the Control? | Teen Ink

Who Has the Control?

By Vince.k BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Vince.k BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.” Frederick Douglass

Do you really think guns protect us? I know that every time I turn on the news, I see something that has to do with an incident relating to gun violence. Gun control is serous, and so is conserving the lives of every day citizens! Conservatives believe we should have more guns in the hands of people. While Liberals believe more guns are bad, and that less guns create a safer enviroment.I think that the government should have the most control over gun control. Guns lead to many dangerous situations such as mass shootings, guns also are in the hands of unstable people, and our background checks are not as good as they should be.

First, the reason why we should leave our gun control up to the government is that we are having too many mass shootings. It is because of this I believe the government can lower the amount of mass shootings there have been. In an article about control they state, [1] “with tragic multiple shootings recently in Colorado, Orgen, Connecticut, and other places. “How all those poor kids and adults lives were at risk and some even lost their lives.

Second, the government should have more control because there are unstable people out there allowed to get guns. People such as James Homes who was convicted of murder due to the fact he killed many people. Whom we all know as the man that decided to take innocent lives! All he did was walk in the gun store, and decided to get some guns then go and shoot up the theater In Aurora. How we can let that happen? In another article relating to gun control they state (2), “senseless tragedies we have faced as a nation. “What this tells me is that these incidents are senseless, but could be stopped.

Finally, the government should have more control over guns because they can make the checking process more thorough. I say this because any one can walk in fill something out and buy a gun .All they check is if you have a criminal record or someway you cannot handle a gun. I say this because any one can walk into a gun store and buy a gun. This is a problem because a crazy person can walk in and purchase a gun that they would like. They do not check if you can shoot a gun or even if your mental state or heath is all right. They should check everything there is to be known in order to get a gun.

In conclusion, I real do believe we should leave the control of guns to the government. Just remembered all the reasons I stated. Now I leave it up to you to decide

(1) WWW.StudentNewsDaily.com

(2) WWW.HuffingtonPost.com

brad123 said...
on May. 10 2013 at 1:57 pm
nice contribute