The Government Hold Of Guns | Teen Ink

The Government Hold Of Guns

By Dipndots BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Dipndots BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Do you want to stop turning on your T.V and seeing tragic shootings? I’m getting tired of seeing innocent lives being lost. The purpose of this essay is to show that guns should be restricted by the government. First innocent people are dying, kids are getting ahold of them easily, and assault rifles are on the street killing many at a time.

Many innocent people are dying. People got hurt and many passed away on the Aurora Movie Theater shooting. Also, many kids died at the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting. They were all many good innocent kids with a whole life ahead of them. They wanted to at least get to be there for Christmas and get to open the presents under the Christmas tree. The way many people get hurt or frustrated at someone they try to take that over other people, taking other peoples loved ones and innocent good people. The government should be able to be a hold of guns to keep tragic things to keep happening.

Kids are getting a hold of the guns. Parents might think that where they put their guns is a safe place but you know kids are smarter than what we think. When kids have seen where the guns are at and they get a hold of them they might be depressed or frustrated at someone so they go on and commit suicide, they get mad at a friend and decide to use a gun against their peers around them. They parents need to make sure that when they are putting the gun in a good spot there is no kids around to see where they have located the gun. That way they won’t have many kids getting a hold of the guns. Therefore, parents should save guns in a good place to keep them a hold of younger kids.

There is also a lot of assault rifles in the streets. People are getting scared to go out because they think that where they go they might be someone with a gun. Kids find out about what goes on and they get traumatized. Many kids did not want to attend school because of what happened on the Sandy Hook Elementary School. They’ve seen that many kids went missing they were scared to attend school. The government should keep guns out of the wrong people’s hands.

Clearly, the government should let the gun get a hold on guns. We won’t have innocent people get their lives taken away, we don’t have kids committing suicide, and we won’t get any more assault rifles on the streets. In the end, we’ll have a safer society.