What's wrong with the world | Teen Ink

What's wrong with the world

February 3, 2013
By shadoethehedgehog BRONZE, Lakeland, Florida
shadoethehedgehog BRONZE, Lakeland, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

What’s wrong with the world.

We hate, destroy and kill like it’s no big deal. We don’t look back or even care to give it a second thought. Not caring or even thinking about whom it hurts or how it will affect anyone else. The only thing we care about is ourselves.

What’s wrong with the world.

We hate and discriminate our own kind every second of every day. For the color of their skin, where they’re from, who their friends are, being themselves, what their religion is and sometimes just to hate. People jumping off bridges head first, putting guns to their heads and pulling the trigger because they’ve had enough of the pain. We hate each other for a few differences not realizing how much we have in common. Each and every one of us has fingers and toes, lungs and bones, eyes to see, ears to hear, hearts to feel.
What’s wrong with the world.

We’re too ignorant to open our minds to the problems around us. To selfish to open our hearts to what else is out in the world. To ignorant to accept an opinion other than our own, deaf to other people’s voices, blind to the pain and suffering we see in the streets and scared to do anything about it.

What’s wrong with the world.

We fight for peace and freedom but how can that be done at the cost of someone’s life. You cannot accomplish peace with war and you can’t have peace during war. It seems we have forgotten that not every answer lies in the barrel of a gun.
What’s wrong with the world.

Little kids in the street covered in mud, crying tears of pain. No warm food to eat, no clean clothes to wear, no cozy little warm bed to sleep in, no toys to play with. Abandoned in the street with no one to love them. How can we lay our heads down at night knowing that an innocent child is dying and no one is trying to save them
What’s wrong with the world.

Young teens in school doing drugs thinking it’s cool. Having sex in the woods just for the adrenaline rush. Not old enough to drive and catching AIDS, STDS, and HIV. The next generation has already fallen to its knees and given up the fight when it hasn’t even begun.
What’s wrong with the world

The phrase Mother knows best is being put to the test. Mothers poisoning their baby filling their small lungs with smoke. Babies born addicted…can’t even walk or talk and addicted to cocaine and heroin. Having to be put on life support. Some born premature, some with birth defects and lose their fight for life when their life has barely begun.
What’s wrong with the world

Mothers grieving…Fathers weeping. Their child shot in cold blood because of a gang war. Their child beaten because someone didn’t like the shirt they were wearing. Their child stabbed to death for being gay. And worst of all…their child kills themselves because of a bully.
What’s wrong with the world

Our planet is slowly dying and we are the reason the blame for its slow demise. We fill her oceans with black poison. We fill her skies with acid. We cut down all the trees she spent years to grow. We cover her soil with blood and we use her as our own personal dump. Worst of all we just sit back and watch as it falls down in flames. Not doing anything to help it or even stop it. We all need to come together and save our planet. Though this place will never be prefect…we can make it more hospitably and livable. By having less blood spilled in anger, less tears cried in agony, and start living together without hate and fear of each other

What’s right with the world

The people who changed our world for the better...who stood up for what is right and changed our home and the way we think. What Abraham said in his address, What Buddha found as he sat under a fig tree, What Muhammad saw in his vision, Jesus and his sacrifice on the cross, What Anne showed us in her diary, What Michael said to the man in the mirror, What Martin told us about his dream, Einstein and his equation, When Rose refused to give up her seat, The men and woman who ran into the smoke and flames on that September day, and so many other that gave it their all to change this place forever. How can we let them all die in vain?

You may not like the words that I’m saying but they are the truth…the sad and awful truth. You may call me crazy, you may say I’m wrong but these words I speak…these problems are real. I speak these words hoping you’ll listen and spread it along to others. We all must come together and fight for our and save it before time runs out. We need to forget our differences…it does not matter the color of your skin, where you were born, the way you talk or even the way you walk…cause we are all the same…we are all human beings. But it’s the smallest variations that make us the most unique species on this planet. Yes there’s a lot wrong with the world but only we can change those wrongs into rights. We have the power, we have the voice, we have the will and we have the choice.


The author's comments:
I wrote this to tell the world what is wrong with in our soceity. I hope that this will open the minds of the people who are reading this, and we can start a new age for the human race.