Our Parents Our Money | Teen Ink

Our Parents Our Money

Don’t you want to spend your own money on what you want? When you get your own you should be able to spend it on whatever you want because it’s your money! Then your parents don’t let you. They say we should spend it on something more useful. Just let us get what we want, when we want, with our own money!

To begin, parents can just be a pain. They don’t let you do some things that you want to do. They say we need to spend it on something more useful, not junk. If we like it we should be allowed to get it. Especially if we are paying for it with our own money.

Other parents say we should save it for college. I can agree with that. You could put away half of what you get and then have the other half to go spend it on what you want. Then the part comes in again about the thing we want is junk. To us it’s not but to our parents it is.

Lastly, some parents say, they want to see if we are responsible to save it. I say the same thing as “put away for college”. You should save half for being responsible and be able to spend the rest on what you want. Then our parents will say its junk. Even though its our own money.
Do you agree now? We should be allowed to buy what we want. All though parents can be a pain all the time, they are very smart.

"Parents - Pregnancy, Babies, Baby Names, Pregnancy Calendar, Ovulation, Birth & More."Parents - Pregnancy, Babies, Baby Names, Pregnancy Calendar, Ovulation, Birth & More. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Oct. 2012. <http://www.parents.com/>.

on Oct. 29 2012 at 12:23 am
ChickenLegHouse BRONZE, Brighton, Michigan
I get what you're trying to say but it came across as pretty whiny. Sorry. Also your last line " All though parents can be a pain all the time, ( can be all? ) they are very smart. So are you saying they're smart for not letting you buy what you want? Because that goes againts the every thing else that you wrote. It sort of seemed tacked on incase your parents read this and got offended.