Humans But No Humanity

Written by a 15 year old liberal catholic

hu·man·i·ty

noun, plural hu·man·i·ties.

1.

all human beings collectively; the human race; humankind.

2.

the quality or condition of being human; human nature.

3.

the quality of being humane; kindness; benevolence.

That up there, ladies and gentlemen, is the definition of humanity brought to you by Dictionary.com. Most would like to think our world revolves around it, since we are, in fact, humans and that is the basis of the word. As you can see, in the second definition it says human nature. In the third definition it gives you words such as kindness and benevolence, and I honestly haven’t seen much of either of those going on in the world. Frankly, if you go back into any time period there has always been some form of hate for one type of people or another. Maybe human nature and benevolence cannot co-exist. Sure, there’s some good and decency in the world, but let’s talk about some things that can get under people’s skin.

Speaking of human nature, last time I checked we all have some form of love and compassion. It’s been said that you can’t help who you fall in love with, so why is being homosexual not accepted? Why is it so hard for you to accept that some guys like guys and some girls like girls? Is love really that repulsive to you? Go ahead and whip out your bibles and prove to us why it’s wrong, but I don’t see any of you condemning girls who’ve had sex before marriage. I mean how would you feel if you couldn’t marry the person you love? Or if you would be too scared to hold hands in public with that person because people would instantly judge you? Stop acting like being gay is a disease. It’s not. Love is love. If you’re really going to use your religion to debate your beliefs, you’re really using it for the wrong thing.

I hope this kind of opens the eyes of bible-banging homophobes and extreme pro-life activists (also known as conservatives). No one should be deprived of their rights, and the human race should try to be more loving of each other. And if I’m going to go straight to Hell for accepting, respecting, and allowing people their rights as human beings, at least I would’ve walked this world with humanity.