Stand up | Teen Ink

Stand up

May 4, 2012
By crunkGirl BRONZE, Harvard, Nebraska
crunkGirl BRONZE, Harvard, Nebraska
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Life isn’t about how popular you are… What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts.. and our minds. This is the reason we sing.. this is the reason we cry… this is why we live."


The fact in and out, is that we’re human. Each and everyone of us, whether we like it, or not. We don’t need to fit in, to begin, all we were born to do was stand out. Like I had always said, “don’t believe in what I say, just stand up if you really give a damn.” who and what you’re truly looking for, is something only you can answer, so I’m not here to tell you who to be. I’m only here to tell you that you’re worth more than you think. We’re only human, and the world can only expect that much.

We all have the same blood, the same cells,along with the same god, and the same hell. We live the same exact life, we even share the same love. I want some-body, anybody, to stand up. I don’t want to wake up, and hear children saying the same things, “I hate my life,” I want those exact kids, to get off their rears and do something about it. I want them to believe in themselves for who they don’t even know they are. I just want them to take a stand.


The author's comments:
the reality of this world inspired this piece. I hope that, in the end, people realize that their life is beautiful, and its not worth wasting.