You Adults | Teen Ink

You Adults

By iStorm GOLD, Anonymous, Other
iStorm GOLD, Anonymous, Other

You can't change your past, but you can change your future.

Today I speak on behalf of children everywhere; the children of this generation and the children of the others to come. I speak for the trees and animals; for the creatures of this world who sufferer in complete silence: for the ancient landmarks that have been here for thousands of years: for the dinosaurs who died millions of years ago so they can retrieve what has been taken from them. And I ask you adults why you kill our mother earth? I have dreamed of the day when I will show my children the beauty of the red woods; the majesty of the polar bear walking across its frozen home, but now I wonder if I will even see these things myself.
From the youngest age you adults have taught us our manners, yet as adults you refuse to exercise them. You have taught how to love and forgive, yet you cannot. You taught us how to talk out our problems, yet we are in the midst of a war. A war that shouldn’t be. Love, forgive, and bond together you have taught, yet you cannot. And I know everyone here is a mother or father: a brother or sister: an aunt or uncle: a niece or nephew, but still I cannot see how can you sit here and watch the lives of this generation and the future ones are destroyed by your own greed. You adults are here to protect us and to teach us and show us so that we may pass these on to our children. How fundamental this system would be if adults actually used those skills they learned as a child.
There is child labor in Ecuador. Children forced to work in hazardous condition for the profit of a company! To make it worst the US buys many of the products that contribute to child labor. Why do you adults to let this happen? You can stop this, yet you don’t worry about the children who suffer in the worst forms of child labor. No you devote much of your time to working in offices and focusing on your income and bills.
I have seen children, unwilling to give up a toy to a homeless child even though they have two of the same toy. I have seen children who haven’t eaten for days and are starving. Their bodies so skinny they are walking sticks. I have slaves punished by brutal owner, who treat them as if they were no of this word at all. As along each person has twenty- three sets of chromosomes they are human. No matter the skin color, eye color, or hair color a person deserves respect! Why do you adults deplete this from others? Are you to inhumanly cruel to give them the respect?
I once read a newspaper article about a society in Africa who murdered innocent children. The children who were accused of practicing witchery by local shaman were to be killed. Often parents poisoned their child or children accused. “They made me drink gasoline and left me to die,” said one of the children who was left to die with about five other children.
I once met a boy at a camp. He was wheelchair bond and suffered from autism, but despite this disability he dream of playing basketball. The sport thrilled him. “When I play basketball I fell like a new person.” He told me one day as we dribbled basketballs in P.E. Later that same year I found out he was trying hard to learn to walk, through many therapy sessions and an apparatus, specially designed to teach people how to walk, he has learned to walk. He can run and play. From this boy I learned about determination.
Let us learn from the determination of that boy. Let us dig deep and pull determination from the deepest part of our heart, don’t let greed thwart it. Let us deviate ourselves for the cruel world that is racism and instead praise the humans of different shades.
I am a child, yet I know what we are doing is wrong. When people have to dispense drugs across the boarders just to support a family, it is wrong. When banks can even make a transaction with paying taxes on the transaction, it is wrong. I am child, yet I see potential solutions you adults do no: simple expedient fixers for our world crisis. There doesn’t have to be killing or anxiety in our world.
So I conclude by asking you adults why will you adults not help me improve our world?

MollyDoubleU BRONZE, Minooka, Illinois

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - The Great Gatsby

This piece had so much potential. There were some things that I really agreed with, such as the parts that dealt with nature. Other parts I saw as irrelevant, such as the child labor and war. You started off speaking of nature, and then turned to other things. I felt that this lacked some structure, and you also had a few grammatical errors. But I feel that everything can be fixed with proofreading. You have a lot of strong emotions towards your subject. It's great that you wish to convey them in writing. Keep up your great work!

AceOfAngels BRONZE, Milford, Connecticut

Truth is rarely pure and never simple~Oscar Wilde

This was a really good piece. I can feel the tone of this and the passion for the subject. I do agree with some of the things you say. Adults are not helping the conditions of the world and yet they encourage us to. It's a very interesting read. Please write more, and please take some time to review to my work.

-Madhatter- PLATINUM, Ballwin, Missouri

"I hate it when people see you in the supermarket and they are like 'Hey! What are you doing here?' and I'm just like 'Oh you know....hunting elephants'"

This was a beautiful piece! I agreed with EVERYTHING! Wonderful!

lilmartz PLATINUM, Perrysburg, Ohio

Live Life Like A Party That Never Ends

Hmm...there are some points to this article I don't agree with but I guess that is why this is an opinion piece. One thing you could work on, though, is maybe coming off more informatively rather than going off on a tangent. To be honest, I didn't like how you began the piece. I don't know what it is, but I just didn't like it. However, as soon as you said "...but now I wonder if I will even see these things myself" I liked it! I found quite a few spelling mistakes, so remember to proofread! One that sticks out to me is in the second paragraph, "worst" should be worse. I didn't really see the point in talking about war and child labor because in the beginning you were talking more about nature. I didn't really see how the boy with the wheelchair fit either. I must say though, I really liked the last line of this piece. Wow, I feel like this has been a really negative comment. Just so you know, I am giving you 3 stars, because it has potential to be broken down into a bunch of really good essays, and it was somewhat entertaining to read. It's nice that you care so much about other people and the planet!