Date Rape Can Be Prevented

Imagine you’re a girl lying on a floor of a bathroom. You wake up feeling sick and out of proportion. Most of your clothes have been ripped off and the clothes on you are torn. You have just been date raped. No girl should ever have to go through this. There are many circumstances this incident can be prevented.

If certain precautions are taken at parties date rape can be avoided. Don’t drink at parties. The drugs can be slipped in your drink. You also make bad decisions when drunk. Bring your drink around with you, if you end up leaving it on a table go get another one. Don’t drink something that’s offered to you it may have the drug in it. If the drink is closed or concealed then it is okay to drink. Avoid being isolated at parties. Don’t go upstairs or in a dark area with someone you don’t know it could end in a bad situation. Go to the parties with a bunch of friends. Maybe stay together the whole time. If your friend isn’t acting not like herself take her home. Make sure none of your friends leave with someone else.

Being informed about the date rape drugs is also another way to prevent it from happening. There are three main drugs that the assaulter could use. The first one is called rophynol. It is a pharmaceutical painkiller. This can be a pill that dissolves in a liquid. The street names are roofies, whiteys, or LA Rocha’s. The second one is called GHB and it is a liquid that has no odor or color. It may have a salty taste when mixed with water or something that doesn’t have a lot of flavor. It’s made of household products like meth. Can be known as liquid X or Georgia Home Boy. The final main drug is called ketamine. It is a cat tranquilizer that comes in a powder poured in liquid or it will come as a liquid itself. The symptoms for all of these drugs included: dizziness, nausea, seizures, slurred speech, high blood pressure, confusion, stomach problems, coma, and even death! 90% of date rapes are committed with these drugs. There will always be a way to prevent date rape. These are just some of the steps to avoid it. There is more information out there to help you. Don’t forget that you always have help. A situation of avoiding date rape could be like this: you go to a party with your friends. When you get there you all stay together. You don’t drink anything but your friends do. An older man asks if you want a drink. You say no and he walks away. One of your friends doesn’t look well so you and the rest of your friends get to your car. You drive because you’re the only one not intoxicated. You all sleepover at your house a go directly to sleep. You wake up feeling fine and the same with your friends. Date rape CAN be prevented

Banu said...
Jan. 17, 2016 at 4:18 am
Useful to me