We of the X Chromosome | Teen Ink

We of the X Chromosome

February 13, 2011
By CountTheShadows GOLD, Fayetteville, Arkansas
CountTheShadows GOLD, Fayetteville, Arkansas
16 articles 3 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every living creature on the Earth is special. You wanna be the one that puts an end to one of them?"
Tolerance + Human Decency = Peace


Race, upbringing, religion, language, social position. Some of the walls that separate women, keep them apart and unequal. Does any of it really matter? Underneath all of the external appearances, in the very core of every woman's being, is an identical, powerful spark. Women see each other as competition, enemies, putting on glossy smiles to their face and betraying them when they aren't looking. And for what? A guy? A higher place on the social food chain? Women are incredible, powerful creatures, but rather than build each other up, we tear each other down and dance on the remains. As women, we've all been through similar situations. We think we are all so very different but we all want basically the same things. We want someone who understands us. We want true love. We want to know that someday, things will work themselves out. Yet we hurt the ones that could understand us best, the ones that could save us on our worst days. Women are strong, we can lend strength to those who need it, can make life easier for each other if we only stand together. The first woman on this earth was powerful enough, all by herself, to turn the whole world upside down. If we stand together, ALL women, working together, we can turn the sparks that each one of us have into a flame. We have the ability and the power to turn the world right side up again.