My Generation | Teen Ink

My Generation

October 12, 2010
By kenziekins14 SILVER, Hemet, California
kenziekins14 SILVER, Hemet, California
6 articles 1 photo 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"One day your life will flash beforeyour eyes, make sure its worth watching."


Today in our country, you can turn a corner and see a citizen committing a crime. I as an American citizen have experienced this. Walking down the street with my friends I look around the corner into the park, I see a group of kids jumping an innocent boy. By the look of the victim, he doesn’t deserve this. By the look of the group of boys, this is a game for them. Violence is becoming a major issue in our country and my generation has the motivation to change that. And were does our motivation come from? Our motivation comes from the mistakes the recent generation has made. Why would my generation want to make the same mistakes as the previous? Reform is what we have in mind. And our motivation will lead us to reform and what we want.
In this day and age, so many young men and women are striving to become American veterans. They look up to the wise and noble men and women and know what they want to do. They want to risk their lives each and every day for their country. They want to fight for the freedom that us as Americans cherish and respect. America is a free country thanks to these brave men and women and speaking for us all, thank you. Thank you for fighting the enemy in Afghanistan and saving the lives of many on September 11th. Seeing that you as a group of men and women can make a change pushes us to leap to what we want.
We are not in any way trying to take over power of the country, but what we are trying to do is change the things that Americans demand and what we see is a lasting problem. Violence can be reduced by adding more law enforcement and officers. The economy can be fixed by cutting taxes and prices. It’s up to my generation to fix these issues before flames start dancing on the buildings in Washington DC. Before gunpowder is polluting the air and you hear the loud “BOOM” of a shotgun aiming for our president. It’s up to my generation to say “Let the word go forth from this time and place . . .to friend and foe alike. . that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans. . . born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage. . .and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today. . .at home and around the world.” Words spoken by John F Kennedy.


The author's comments:
please comment and give me feedback.