The Lost Art of Forgiveness | Teen Ink

The Lost Art of Forgiveness

April 25, 2010
By faerie-tales PLATINUM, Colchester, Connecticut
faerie-tales PLATINUM, Colchester, Connecticut
49 articles 0 photos 4 comments

I don't understand why people can't just forgive each other for the silliest or biggest of things. I know that there are terrible things in the world such as murder, war, and stealing. Those are things that have always and unfortunately will probably always exist. My point is that even the seemingly most unforgivable things are better off forgiven.

Forgiveness is simply a choice you make. I believe that it's a choice too rarely made. No good comes from holding a grudge against someone.

I think that everyone came into this world pure and innocent and all that we need to do is maintain our original character. Forgiveness may bring out wanted apologies and other valuable information. I truly believe that deep down everyone is good no matter what crime they have committed. You should give everyone a second chance because honestly wouldn't you want the same opportunity to start fresh? Even though at times forgiveness may seem like an impossible concept or task, it's really just a few words that can make a huge impact.

Anne Frank wrote,"In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart." Imagine the cruel world she lived in filled with hatred, I doubt that you really can. If Anne could forgive everyone who destroyed her life, then I think you can forgive your friend for stealing your boyfriend.


The author's comments:
Even though this may seem impossible,forgiveness really is a reality.