All You Need Is Love? | Teen Ink

All You Need Is Love?

By blisterr BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
blisterr BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas

Like John Lennon said, “All you need…is love.” So, if all we need is love, why can’t 2 men be allowed to get married? Or at least accepted? Aren’t we all supposed to be equal? My dad, who I love very much, is gay, and I am so proud to have a gay dad. He is non-stop loving and cares about everyone. Shouldn’t we all return that same action towards everyone? It’s not like gays are green monsters who eat people at night… They are human beings, just like everyone else. They are people... People who love everyone. We are all equal; they just like the same gender! ?

Why shouldn’t they get married? Why is there a law against it? Just because they like the same gender, they’re not allowed to get married? Yeah, okay, the bible says it’s bad… So that means there has to be a law against it?

We hear the phrase “All you need is love” all the time… So why can’t gay people have love too? Oh yeah, it’s the law, right? It shouldn’t be.

I am very passionate about this topic.

LilyBug66 BRONZE, West Plains, Missouri

Be Love :)

I completely agree with you! I did my POV on same sex marriage as well, but you have a way better perspective on it, you have a close relationship with a homosexual and I do not. You really back your points up and you state it almost as a fact, and mine is just an opinion. But still, i definitely agree with you, thank you for posting this and shedding more light on this subject.

magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Like you said, "I am very passionate about this topic,"... So am I. I don't personally know anyone gay (except one of my old teachers) but it's just so obvious that they deserve rights that I don't know why people can't get it through their heads.

A-Nonymous said...
I like the angle you took with this article. I'm a Christian , but that doesn't mean that I hate homosexual people or want them to be unhappy. All "sins" are equal in God's eyes, so who am I to judge? That's not my job.

A-Nonymous said...
I like the angle you took with this. I'm a Christian , but that doesn't mean that I hate gay people or want them to be unhappy. All "sins" are the same in God's eyes, so who am I to judge? That's not my job.