The Disease of Self | Teen Ink

The Disease of Self

By josie1314 PLATINUM, Cincinnati, Ohio
josie1314 PLATINUM, Cincinnati, Ohio

"I cannot live without my life, I cannot live without my soul!" -Heathcliff, Wuthering Heights

Everyone tells you "find your identity, find who you are." When, in truth, we should all find each other. Promoting one's self has resulted in greed, immorality, and misled judegment. When we try to "find ourself and our place in the world" we lose sight of what is right in front of us. Some travel half-way around the world to find who they are, when they were living the example of a friend or family member close by. I also think that as teens, we try so hard to rebel agaisnt the stereotypes, but I think we should focus more on uniting together in the strength of humnaity, like in 9/11, or, from personal experience, when someone we love dies. There are many ways and opportunities to "find yourself" by finding the unique love of others around you. Finding yourself should become a scavnger hunt for the human ties we all share.

I just think that we are a selfish race of humanity, and we need to open up to our fellow beings, and then perhaps some of the issues in the world can be solved.

on Oct. 24 2009 at 2:17 am
KnowledgeZabar BRONZE, Billings, Montana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Im like the ranch dressing of rap, I'm good on everything.

- Aristotle

Very good point. Good work.

KaylaAnne GOLD said...
KaylaAnne GOLD, North Platte, Nebraska
This is brilliant. I completely agree. You must keep it up because this is all so good.