Isolating Other Teens | Teen Ink

Isolating Other Teens

August 5, 2009
By Anonymous

Teens that are cast out by society aren’t much different from everyone else only separated by a simple belief, not having cool friends, or even an appearance that cannot be changed. They aren’t much different from the people who cast them out. With all the hype in the world to be the most popular or the coolest kid in school, teens are left behind not following the crowds due to their beliefs. Teens that don’t follow the crowd to the latest and greatest are then out casted by their peers leaving them alone and depressed. Beliefs are created and followed closely to people’s heritage. When teens friends or peers do things that are against a belief of a person they force a person into a decision that is left with the person breaking their beliefs in order to keep their friends or losing their friends and being lonely and isolated. I have personally been faced with this decision before and I chose to stick to my beliefs and I lost friends because of it, but I made friends who care about my beliefs and don’t force me to break them. Having friends who are popular and are respected by their peers are sought after to be everyone’s friend. When the people who need friends the most are looked down upon and friendless because of everyone’s need to fit in with the crowd. The teens that are left out of the crowd are alone and isolated. They are isolated because no one wants to become friends with an unpopular kid that could lead you also to be isolated. Teens that are isolated are left in the dark and made fun of just because they aren’t included in society. Teens that are overweight, have glasses, or who look different are often mistreated by their peers just because of what they look like. Teens that are overweight are made fun of joked at even harassed because they aren’t like everyone else. Teens make fun of others who don’t look like a perfect popular high school kid, to make themselves feel better about them. The popular teens don’t realize that it drives the kids who look different into a world of loneliness and isolation. The teens that are driven away by their peers and society are driven to depression and problems in their future lives. Teens that are cast out by society aren’t much different from everyone else only separated by a simple belief, not having cool friends, or even an appearance that cannot be changed. They aren’t much different from the people who cast them out.