Being 13

Being thirteen is to feel awkward and confused. You always have mixed emotions. Even when you are happy and feel like you really do belong, you still feel like you don't fit in and you feel lonely and depressed. It's hard to explain.
Adults see you as moody and misbehaved, but they sometimes forget that they were once thirteen and confused with raging hormones. They lose sight of what matters to a young teen. Love and friendship. Being popular and fitting in. Being unique and being yourself.
Everyone goes through the joy of being young and in love. Everyone goes through the pain of being alone with heartbreak. Not one person can say that they don't care, because they have to realize that someday they will go through it or they already have and they will, or already, have felt the pain and suffering of being thirteen.

ShrimpyBB said...
holy smokes Joslynn, this is totally true!

Electricity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
True... I'm now 14 and still have those problems, lol!

dreamer_believerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow this is completely true...being 13 is just like you explained it to be. good job! :) check out some of my work and post your comments.

hannah=(= said...
Aug. 1, 2009 at 4:15 am:
Thirteen was when it all went downhill for me too, so I totally get it.

musicgirl757This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 31, 2009 at 2:52 am:
Totally true! I like it!