I Believe | Teen Ink

I Believe

By meli185 BRONZE, Culver, Indiana
meli185 BRONZE, Culver, Indiana

I believe this world is a place of simplicity. It is us, complex, over-analyzing human beings who alter its’ state. We are born from our mother’s womb and taught to “follow our dreams.” We go to school, change majors, earn a degree, find a job, get married, and eventually start a family of our own. The typical American Dream influences us more than we can even imagine. Think about it. Why do we all have the same patterns in life? If they say “become your dream” and “follow your heart” then why is so difficult for us to do what we actually want? We see what others do, and we automatically think to do the same. Why is it that we are so different, yet, in reality, we are just a copy of every other breathing being on this planet?
I believe in a simple world. A simple world where there is no war. Not complete peace, because a few minor arguments here and there are acceptable. I believe in a simple world where we all get along; all families, all classmates, all neighbors, all religions, all races, all employees, all cultures. I believe in a world where the words “enemy” or “hate” does not exist. I believe in a world where “love” is expressed and cherished everyday. I believe in a world where we appreciate our homes and treat our planet with respect.
I believe in a world with no goodbyes, no ends in friendships. I believe in a world where we are all equal. I believe in a world with no murdering. I believe in a world where marriage is cherished as much as it was created to be. I believe in a world where there is no such thing as homeless people. I believe in a world where children are treated with discipline, but without physical or verbal abuse. I believe in a world where the media does not put such a burden on the lives’ of women. I believe in a world where women and men are treated equally. I believe in a world where we have few losses, but enough to make us appreciate what we are fortunate to have. I believe in a world who believes in God. I believe in a simple world. I believe.

Joyce said...
on Jun. 13 2009 at 12:33 am
I love it!