Rough Experiences | Teen Ink

Rough Experiences

June 15, 2016
By stephevaldez BRONZE, Sacramento , California
stephevaldez BRONZE, Sacramento , California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"blank canvas in process"


Have you ever been put into a position where you didn’t understand a language? Ever felt desperate to know what’s going on? Well new comers to the United States feel the same way they come to The United States to get a better education just to find out that they don’t speak the same language. They feel desperate to learn because they want a better future. But the real question is what does the teacher do to help the student out? Due to not being able to communicate in the same language, students often suffer in their classes. The teachers can help the language learners by putting them next to someone in the class that speaks the same language. Therefore the new language learner wouldn’t have to feel useless or even stressed out by not knowing what’s going on.

 

 Any new comer to The United States feels this type of way and by feeling this type of way it can cause a physical and emotional breakdown. By changing the culture, the diversity that they are used to being around. Most people may ask why are the new comers affected emotionally? Well they are affected emotionally because the new comers leave some of their family members behind because they are immigrants and are not able to cross and be in the United States. A personal argument I have on it being affected emotionally and physically is that when I was 8 years old a family member very close to me was deported to Mexico and I had a distract change in school, I wouldn’t be focused in school and I would separate myself from others. That caused me to have anxiety and my body would react to it physically I would get strong abdominal pains.   

 

This is a major issue worldwide and how it affects the new comers is tragic this is why I believe that they should be in safe learning environment and support from each teacher.


The author's comments:

what inspired me to write this peice was because many students go threw this.