Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By homestuck_for_days BRONZE, Palm Desert, California
homestuck_for_days BRONZE, Palm Desert, California

Many people complain about how messed up the school system is and therefor blame it on the school board, but what I have only recently realized is that the blame is to be placed on the teachers. Often times, I see things on the internet saying, “School puts education above a child’s mental and sometimes physical health,” to which I am sad to say, I completely understand and relate to. From the view of a fairly well educated 8th grader, thanks to the extra effort my family has put in, a majority of what teachers assign today is busywork. While teachers could be teaching us about the Constitution through witty humor and well thought out skits, which I would be much more interested and entertained by, we get assigned essays, reading from a textbook, and notes. When it comes to math, I do understand that busywork is sometimes necessary to learn equations and such, but when classes that could easily be project based and show how to apply the knowledge to real life situations fill time with busywork, it just seems absurd.

Dameon_Farris PLATINUM, Folton, District Of Columbia

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree. It will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Eistiene

wow this article about how its not the school its the teachers is briliently written. i agree and iv known this for a while im in 9th grade and iv been kicked out of quite a good deal of schools and not because of fights or anything but of grades you see i had an disability my mind never quite was able to grasp the consept of certain assignments and things and the teachers never spent the time to explain it or help me so i struggled lots and was often picked on but i never bothered to care about what oothers thought i was more worried about my grade so i got kicked out because they didnt know what to do with me so i went to anothter school and it repeated for a good while til i went to Hatton and met my princeabe Mr.Jobe he was amazing he sat there and taught me lots and was patient and soon i waas able to leaarn but the moral is that i had to move 6 times before any teacher would help me and eveen then it was the princeable that helped me and trust me he ewas awesome