Where Am I? | Teen Ink

Where Am I?

January 17, 2015
By Buzzlive GOLD, New Delhi, Other
Buzzlive GOLD, New Delhi, Other
13 articles 4 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
For nobody stand by you, when you need them. Everybody is there when they need you. You are clearly stronger than you think.


I find myself in an inexplicable position. I do not where to proceed, and I certainly find looking back painful. What should one do in such situations? Am I to stop? Or am I to keep moving forward?


My teachers no longer give me stickers for my neat work.  The intense bubbling of delight no longer holds me when Dad brings a new toy. And he has even stopped bringing them. The tinge of greed that greeted me when I saw a sweet, no longer welcomes me. Silly dresses , all pink and floral, do not excite me now and I no more whine to buy them. Bedtime stories about goblins and fairies no more take me to other worlds. Movies of Barbie, that I loved and cherished, no more inspire me to dream. I have long stopped my random doodling of cartoons that I watched.


What phase of life am I stuck in? Where I find no simple luxuries to satisfy me? Where am I?


The author's comments:

This piece reflects my current confusion.  How swiftly time passes without one's realisation.