Where Am I? | Teen Ink

Where Am I?

By Buzzlive GOLD, New Delhi, Other
Buzzlive GOLD, New Delhi, Other

For nobody stand by you, when you need them. Everybody is there when they need you. You are clearly stronger than you think.

I find myself in an inexplicable position. I do not where to proceed, and I certainly find looking back painful. What should one do in such situations? Am I to stop? Or am I to keep moving forward?

My teachers no longer give me stickers for my neat work.  The intense bubbling of delight no longer holds me when Dad brings a new toy. And he has even stopped bringing them. The tinge of greed that greeted me when I saw a sweet, no longer welcomes me. Silly dresses , all pink and floral, do not excite me now and I no more whine to buy them. Bedtime stories about goblins and fairies no more take me to other worlds. Movies of Barbie, that I loved and cherished, no more inspire me to dream. I have long stopped my random doodling of cartoons that I watched.

What phase of life am I stuck in? Where I find no simple luxuries to satisfy me? Where am I?

This piece reflects my current confusion.  How swiftly time passes without one's realisation.