The Unexpected Thing About High School | Teen Ink

The Unexpected Thing About High School

September 23, 2014
By InPerfectHarmony BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
InPerfectHarmony BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

High school is one of the craziest experiences I've had so far. The first day of school is terrifying. You walk into school and you feel like a deer in the headlights. All of the Upperclassmen loom above you and you feel like a little kid that belongs back in seventh and eighth grade in middle school. The school is a maze of halllways and little hallways that branch off the bigger hallways, and some classes are downstairs, like my French class. The second day of school I went to lunch after French downstairs. I went up the stairs to go to my locker, retrieved my lunch, zoned out and started walking back to the lunch room. Then, I realized I was completely and totally lost. Fifteen minutes I spent going in circles in the hallways. Finally i just followed a hallway to a window, where I found the staircase. My friends were all wondering where I was, so I told them, because I was embarrased, that I went to the Library. But everyone knew what really happened... My advice to next year's Freshmen- go to the school before summer is over and MAKE A MAP!