Cheerleading | Teen Ink

Cheerleading

June 10, 2013
By Anonymous

What age did you start cheerleading?
“I tried out for cheerleading at Grover, age 12.”
What/who got you interested in cheerleading?
““My sister used to be a wildcats cheerleader, and she stopped cheerleading for a while. Then she tried out for high school cheerleading and made varsity. When I saw her do this, I became interested in cheerleading.”
How many games have you cheered at?
“I can’t remember how many, but I would say approximately 20-30 games.”
Did you try out for high school cheerleading? If so, what team?
“ yes, I did try out for high school cheerleading , and I was the only freshman to make the Varsity team.”
How many days a week do you have cheerleading?
“I haven’t gotten the schedule yet, but I would say almost every day.”
How long is one cheer practice?
“What stunt position are you in
“ I am a flyer.”
Have you competed?
“ No, but I’m going to compete next year.”
How long do you plan to continue cheerleading?
“ I have never really been interested in cheerleading outside of school, so I probably will not continue to cheer after I graduate high school.”
Are you going to try out for a different sport other than cheerleading in high school?
“ yes, I think I will try to try out for two or more sports. I would like to try out for diving in the winter, and track and field in the spring. I am also going to look into fencing.”
Thank you.