Arrowhead is Made | Teen Ink

Arrowhead is Made

November 26, 2012
By haleymccullough PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
haleymccullough PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
21 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A man dressed in perfectly distressed jeans, black motorcycle boots and matching jacket, and a summer tan walked into the office at North Campus. He smiled, and all the chatter ceased. He introduced himself, and told the cluster of students how the interviews were going to go.

“It seemed quite Hollywood-like,” says Meredith, who auditioned for MTV’s reality TV show on Monday, November 5th, 2012.

MTV Made is a self-improvement reality TV broadcast. The series follows teens who have a goal and want to be "made" into things like singers, athletes, dancers, skateboarders, etc. The teens are joined by a "Made Coach," an expert in their chosen field, who tries to help them attain their goals over the course of several weeks.

Made documents the process the teens undergo as they try to achieve their goal. Made is currently in its 13th season, and has recently started a series in Canada, France, Germany and Turkey.

And on Monday, November 5th, tryouts for this specific TV show were taking place at our high school. Announcements were made at North Campus the preceding Friday about when the auditions would take place. About 20-25 people tried out for MTV Made. Among the auditions were wannabe singers, rappers, skateboarders, models, triathletes, and golfers.

The auditions started at 3 p.m. and lasted about two hours. The students that participated were told they would know within a week if they were chosen. It’s as close as many of them will get to Hollywood their entire life.

“It was just a cool experience. My friend’s mom had her try out because she knew she would regret it if she didn’t take the chance. And I knew I would too, so what the heck, I tried out. And it was fun,” Meredith says.

So far, no word has been spread about any student making the cut. There are rumors of tryouts at different schools, such as Oconomowoc High School. With the students wondering, word will come soon as to which student won the prize: fame.