uniforms in school | Teen Ink

uniforms in school

December 3, 2010
By Hillwood BRONZE, Evanston, Wyoming
Hillwood BRONZE, Evanston, Wyoming
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

There should be school uniforms because there is violence: there is gangs at school that can create fights, violence, etc. There is bullies around the hallways hanging out, so they can fish someone to pick on. People won't be safe anywhere they go around the school, no matter what.

People will be ending up looking for fights around the school with anyone, which
includes short kids, tall kids, young, old, rich, poor, popular, unpopular, or even teachers could be involved in a fight. During play time at school, someone could be wearing a coat, jacket, or something else and he/she could be hiding any kind of weapon in their clothing. People will be getting lower grades and higher trouble by doing violence because they may get in trouble by the school, but they could get in trouble by the cops, too.

Then school uniforms will also show school spirit by wearing uniforms every day. On school spirit, kids will prove they love their school, and their teachers. The uniforms will make students have better report cards, better behaviors, etc. Parents won't be wasting any more money on kid's clothes, and the school will take care of that by buying uniforms for all students in the school.

Also uniforms will be needed for students because the way they dress, too, for example: they could be wearing clothing that has inappropriate logos on shirts, pants, etc. Boys that wear their pants low, will definitely need school uniforms. Girls show way too much of their skin sometimes, and it causes problems, sometimes, and/or boy can get distracted by that.

However, many parents believe that students wearing uniforms look nicer and that a school uniform policy ensures that kids will come to school in appropriate clothing, avoiding distractions such as fads considered to be outlandish or overly revealing. Some students have turned school into an unending fashion show. This distraction from learning as some kids spend more time focused on their clothes than on homework. Some students reject any rules. Forcing them to wear school uniforms only aggravates their rebellious spirits. They alter their school uniforms by tightening, widening, shortening, or lengthening them.
According to the pros and cons, some say that a child in a school uniform is more to take school seriously. Putting on the uniforms signals he/she is going to school just like dad dresses up to go to work. However, school reports that when students dress in “work clothes” rather than “pay clothes” they take a more serious approach to their studies. Also, school reports that school uniforms decrease fighting and violence that arrise out of argument over fashionable.

Finally, school uniforms could work in any school, just like some private schools, they have uniforms and less violence, and public schools don't. How come? Some day, they'll do something.