Free College Tuition | Teen Ink

Free College Tuition

By Helena Golubovic BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
Helena Golubovic BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

A college education has become a necessity in today’s society. Students throughout the country are concentrating on their academics and are endeavoring to receive perfect grades. Financing each student’s education has become difficult in today’s economy. Thus, many students, teachers, and people wonder if free college tuition should be granted. I believe free college tuition should be provided and funded by the U.S. government because it will help students focus on their studies, and encourage them to work harder in school.

First, free college tuition should be given to students because it will assist students to concentrate on their studies. Most college students usually have part-time jobs and are full-time students. They have to rely on their job, as much as their academics, to be able to pay for all necessary books and classes that they are required to take. These jobs take time away from the student’s study time. If free college tuition was given, students would have more time to educate themselves, plus be well rested instead of being tired from time consuming jobs. They wouldn’t have to worry about money or time at all. They would be prepared for their classes and not worry about their own financial situation or other issues regarding their personal education.

Next, I believe free college tuition should be given because there are students from underprivileged families that work hard in school and deserve the opportunity for a college education. Some students who get exceptional grades in school don’t have enough money to continue their education. They spend so much time and effort on school work that they earned the right to acquire free college tuition. Lack of money should not stop a student from completing their education, but mostly their dream to become whatever they want to be. Also, if free college tuition was given, a number of students would be motivated to work harder and try in school to get accepted into colleges. There would be a large increase in student grades and this would encourage our entire education system to dedicate themselves to make numerous intelligent and college prepared students. Free college tuition is a suitable circumstance that would not only reassure our country’s devoted students, but also assist them and their current economic situation.

Finally, I think free college tuition should be given because the government would be investing their money for a worthy cause. The government would not be wasting their money, but spending it for our future. The money being funded would help educate our country. Many people will have more chances to get into school and have their education paid for to become doctors, lawyers, nurses, and for many other professions. Most students would finish their college education and this will eventually pay off because our country will have many intelligent, knowledgeable workers. The money invested in college tuition would have many decisive effects making our country an even better place to live.

To remunerate, education is a very important factor in our country. I believe students should be eligible to receive free college tuition for a plethora of reasons. Free college tuition will have many positive effects on our student’s studies and help with their financial situation. Our country’s government will be investing in our future leaders, doctors, and educators who will make our country an even better place to live. This is a plan that should be incorporated. It would be a transcendent decision that would give many opportunities to millions of our country’s outstanding and striving students!

This is about free college tuition and my opinion of why it should be given.

emily09800 said...
this is absolutely incredible. your detail is amazing!! I am beyond impressed

on Jul. 24 2014 at 11:40 am
You think college education should be free? Yep, so do we.  Make a difference and sign this petition for free tuition! It only takes two seconds of your time and will make a difference for thousands.   change.org/petitions/president-barack-obama-the-american-government-should-be-paying-for-college-tuition

xxnasia said...
on Feb. 3 2014 at 10:09 am
This is a great article!! Great work.