Safe Sex > No Sex!

Many schools, like mine, refuse to distribute condoms, or teach students proper sex education.

I am a Senior in High School, and I can honestly say that the only sex education I have ever recieved, was in my Health class, which spoke mostly about drinking and drugs; not sex.

Kids are starting to have sex at younger and younger ages. I can't even say "teens" anymore, because it's literally KIDS having sex.

It starts as young as 5th grade, with girls who have had their period maybe once? And schools are not doing anything to prepare them for it, because close-minded parents, pretend that it's not their kids. It's only the kids who "weren't raised properly".

It's crap!

Free condom distribution should be available in the clinics of all schools for many reasons.

1.) School clinics are a safe place teens can go, without feeling afraid or uncomfortable.

2.) It has been proven that kids who have access to condoms, use them. Kids who do not have access to condoms, don't.

3.) Your kids are going to do what they want to, whether you tell them it's okay or not. Kids who can openly talk to their parents and clinic nurses, will, and they will be more aware of the dangers of having unprotected sex.

Just giving out condoms at the local health department isn't good enough. Not all teens can drive, and most teens, or kids, i should say, are too embarassed to go into a place like that.

If you want to help future generations from increasing the STD and teen pregnacy rates, then prove it.

More kids are having sex then practicing abstinence.

Don't force them to learn it the hard way.

Scruto said...
Great article! I agree to many of the points but you did not mention many sources to backup your facts. But anyways, awesome article!

Chica-de-sonrisas said...
But..are you sure the only choices are either Safe Sex, or No Sex?? What i believe is that the real problem lies in the question. i think its either Sex, or No Sex. Just because you use condoms, or medication, well..it helps nothing quite frankly.my cousin was on medication AND she had her boyfriend wear a condom..however,she still got pregnant. i think if people(ok, KIDS..like stinkin 12 yr olds..i mean,really?) arent ready to have a baby,then maybe they shouldnt be having sex either

talking-with-silence said...
Sooooooooo true! Whats a school clinic? Like the nurses office....??? What I don't get is- in NY they'll give out free needls to drugies (or so I have heard..) So why not teens? I don't get it. Maybe because of the age limit thingy? Something about if ur under 18...?

kahlua319 replied...
Apr. 5, 2011 at 6:53 pm :
uhhh a lot of ny public schools DO give out condoms...

ChristopherK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Amen! The safest sex is NO sex . The internet and immature gossip is no way to learn about sex . 13-year-old father in Britain? That's the first sign that we need to do something about this.

StinaSlugger replied...
Dec. 12, 2009 at 10:10 pm :
thanks, no one else seems to agree!

Asianflowers replied...
May 10, 2010 at 12:44 pm :
This is great of you to write! it's very important and no one seems to care. Thank You so much