Educator of The Year | Teen Ink

Educator of The Year

By maxwellgomes3 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
maxwellgomes3 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Ever thought of a teacher as being a parent to you, like taking care of you or giving good advice? I’m saying this because there is a teacher who is like that to me, and his name is Master Sergeant Howie, and therefore, he should be nominated this year for Teen Ink’s Educator of the Year.

Master Sergeant has taught me a lot of things about self-control and discipline. I wouldn’t be where I am today if I didn’t learn those things. With discipline, he taught me how to respond to a command by someone with a higher rank or when to joke around and when not to. With self-control, he taught me to stay calm in a situation say like a fight or an argument.

Second, Master Sergeant gives you so much motivation to believe in yourself and in other cadets. No matter what it is if we’re doing physical training, drill, etc. He is always pushing you to do your best and always says never give up because I will never give up on you, and when he told that to our class, I really took that to heart because you know you don’t hear that every day from someone. Knowing that a teacher cares for you like that is awesome.

Last thing about Master Sergeant is he has the best sense of humor out of all the teachers in the school. It’s always good to have that one teacher who is kind of laid back but always gets the work done and does it with no problem. That is a complete representation of Master Sergeant and my class with him; having that sense of humor just puts good vibes around the classroom meaning everyone is engaged in whatever is going on.

In conclusion, I think Master Sergeant Howie should be nominated because of these reasons above and I hope you will think the same when you select him for the honor of Educator of The Year.