Education is Overrated | Teen Ink

Education is Overrated

By Sammy22_22 BRONZE, Round Lake, Illinois
Sammy22_22 BRONZE, Round Lake, Illinois

School is pointless, period. There is legitimately no application for most of the things we learn. As a student I’ve heard principals and teachers say that we need schooling and education to be successful in our lives, but everyone knows that these our just opinions.

These days it’s easy to be successful or famous in society. Most of the people who got viral from the internet became popular for doing absolutely nothing. Take the "catch me outside, how bout dat” girl for example.  After her appearance on the show Dr. Phil, she became an internet sensation. On the Dr. Phil show she threatened and screamed at the audience for laughing at her thug lyfe, solidifying her fame on the internet. With all the media attention, and being a natural born thug, she became a rapper with millions of followers. So to become famous all you gotta do is steal cars, hold knives, twerk, and frame your mom for crimes. That and be lucky enough to become viral on the internet with its 3.2 billion users. Easy.

The intellectually gifted should not attempt institution if they are already adept in their field. After all, the design of the institution is to present you amidst knowledge regarding the profession you intend on advancing into. Take, for instance, one of the most prosperous people in the world, Bill Gates. Bill Gates subsequently getting admitted into one of the most prestigious academies in the world, Harvard, dropped out to commence his own 753 billion dollar business. Bill Gates, a male specimen who invested most of his time in the campus computer room, practicing cryptography, abandoned Harvard. To overall construct computers and kickoff a computer manufacturing business. Bill Gates obviously didn't need his knowledge of computers to begin his company, since he was a college drop out.

It's been scientifically proven by the scientific community of education in Harvard that 98% percent of what we learn in school is a waste. For example, when will we ever need to know how to factor or use trigonometry in our daily lives. Like only scientists, accountants, and bakers need to know math! It's not like we will need to know how to do math for our taxes when the deadlines start rolling in. What about when we cook, we hardly ever use math to measure the ounces of flour we need for a dope cake or the number of herbs we will need to bake.

With all that said, I hope everyone drops out of school and by tomorrow, education will no longer exist. Take it from me, someone who’s trying to take only AP and Honors classes, I haven't gotten anything from it. School is not needed in life, its okay to drop out because you hate homework. Sure it may be hard to find jobs if you’re a high school dropout but that just means that they just lost a chance to have someone who is “special”.

The reason I wrote this piece was out of frustration of the current mindset of under performing students in the United States, and the main reason why they underperform is due to the fact that THEY DONT CARE. Well hopefully this piece proves their reasons for not caring about school and education.