My God IS Real.

I apologize if anyone takes offense to this. I am speaking my mind.

I have proof my God is real. You tell me everything that happens, is only complete coincidence and it isnt my God? How could everything that happens be only coincidence? The theory of evolution; you mean to tell me that everything you see walking this earth came from just ONE single celled organism? From the tiny ants and microscopic insects to the giant elephants and blue whales, that EVERY bit of it came from just one cell? That it somehow worked its own way to make land animals and fish who wouldn't even survive on land. That's completely outrageous... Yet so is my God! When we pray who do we pray to? GOD! Why? He answers them, ALL of them! I have proof of God answering my prayers. I pray that my grandmother will be healed, the next day she dies, granted it most definitely wasnt what I wanted, but she no longer had to deal with being sick. I can name plenty of other examples of prayer working, not as soon as I wanted them to but they eventually came into effect. The way God places people and things in our path to help us and you wanna try and tell me my GOD is not real? I absoultely love the singer Michael Buble. I watched something with him talking about his religion and he got asked the question "what is your religion?" and he answered he didnt know. I took offense to that, he has always said that he prayed to be a singer and become famous, but cant even stand up to say he is a Christian, or not if he isnt. It is a simple answer. You either believe in God or you dont.

I have heard many friends claim God has abandoned them. No, God doesn't abandon us, he never has and I can guarantee he never will. God wont ever abandon us, but we abandon him. When we feel God isn't listening, it isnt that he isnt listening, its just we never spoke up. Even the slightest whisper God will hear. Our mouths are moving but we aren't speaking.

Life is not easy, I can say from first hand experience, everyone can! You are going through certain things for multiple reasons. Maybe to make you stronger, to test your faith, to teach you a lesson even. I will admit, I go through a lot that no one knows about because I keep it to myself, Ive grown closer to God a lot lately because he has tested my faith a lot. I have actually prayed some this week, I rarely ever pray to be honest. I have learned a great deal of lessons from certain things, and I am only 13. He's made me stronger by going through the worst things. My grandmothers death was not easy for me, or my family! But it's made me stronger emotionally and I now know how to deal with death easier.

The video Indesribable by Louie Giglio (I dont know how to spell his name correctly) Talks about space and how amazing it is God has created all of that and made everything in the perfect position as to where if we were any closer to the sun we would burn up and if we were any further away we would freeze. That's not coincidince, that is my GOD! He goes way way way way out in space and there is a picture of a cross smack dab in the middle of a nebula, the very center. Still want to tell me my God isn't real?

TheEarlofZerces said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:35 am:
Do you want my honest opinion? On this, Christianity, and theology in general? Who cares? I honestly think that the question over religion or science, evolution or intelligent design, coincidence or grand scheme, etc. is utterly irrelevent to my daily life and moral standing. Euthyphro proved that one does not need a God or an established religion to lead a moral, intelligent, wonderful life, and just because that's the way I live my life, that doesn't mean I'm wrong. And that doesn't mean that ... (more »)

jesus_saves replied...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 8:23 pm :

this isn'yt about your normal life. Its about living after death 

"The last enemy that will be destroyed is death"

1 Corinthians 15:26

bemark12 replied...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:38 pm :
I think you're going to need more than one Platonist argument to shrug off a question that has been vastly debated by some of the most brilliant minds in history. Look at Nietzche, Sartre, Heidegger. A handful of atheists who thoroughly believed that the absence of God had serious consequences for mankind and morality.

TheEarlofZerces replied...
Nov. 6, 2011 at 8:14 am :
All living things die. Who cares if I don't live after death? Timor mortis conturbat me. If anything, the absence of life after death encourages me to live my life as morally and greatly as possible, because if this is the only life I have, then I might as well make it count. And even if there is life after death, who would want it? I know that there's supposed to be eternal bliss in Heaven and everything, but if we have that, won't it sort of be like Huxley's Brave New World?

bemark12 replied...
Nov. 6, 2011 at 8:56 am :

You're addressing one question and skirting another. What is existence about? Happiness? Living morally? Being remembered? Survival?

I couldn't disagree more that God is an irrelevant question. Considering all the atrocities and all the good done in the name of God or, in some cases, in rejection of God, I'd say it has a very legitimate effect and relevance for all of us in, at the very least, a cultural context if not a perosnal one.

Using "Brave New World" is comparing a human... (more »)

TheEarlofZerces replied...
Nov. 6, 2011 at 10:18 am :
Ah, and now we come back to my mathematical statement, and the basic source for our argument. You are essentially disagreeing with my point of view, while I am essentially saying that my point of view has just as much effectiveness as your point of view. I'm sorry if I came off as disagreeing with the effectiveness of your point of view, which is essentially the belief in God and Christ, but that's not what I'm trying to say. I am merely saying that there is a legitimate reason for me thinking t... (more »)

sarahmichelle98 replied...
Nov. 25, 2011 at 2:51 pm :
^ i couldnt agree more. although i do follow a religion, my view on the meaning of life and evolution is just as you explained it

TheEarlofZerces replied...
Nov. 25, 2011 at 5:10 pm :
Well, jolly good then.

TheEarlofZerces said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:23 am:
If horses could walk and talk, then they would make gods in their own image as well.

dolphin13 said...
Wonderfully written and so true! God never abandons us, we abandon him. 100% True.

Heidi S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

First of all, why did you apologize in the first sentence of this wonderful essay? Your opinion is as valid as anyone else’s here, and it takes an incredible, brave person to truly share their love of God. Thank you so much for sharing your opinion.

“Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” Joshua 1: 9

Musicandlove said...

This is great! It makes me so sad to see how many atheists are out there in the world. I grew up christian, so I was never exposed to them. But I like to know both sides, so I respectfully listen to their opinion. Reading stories like this only make me firmer in my faith. Thank you & you're very brave. We cannot convert anyone even if we tried, that is up to the Holy Spirit, but we can educate them and pray for the best.

P.S. Indescrible is a beautiful song.

NobodyYouKnow replied...
Feb. 23, 2012 at 12:51 pm :
So you mean to say that the more you hear people say that the bible is 100% true, the more you believe it? Um, that is how the tooth fairy is supposed to work, but not religion.

Katie1234 said...
Keep strong. What you are posting is true. I agree, and I have studied the other so-called possibilities thoroughly. Even Darwin denounced what he said was true. On his deathbed he said that evolution couldn't possibly be true. He died a Christian. Keep on going.

ambnyc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 4:29 pm :
Darwin never renounced evolution. That he did on his deathbed is an urban legend, perpetuated by Creationists and Christians. In his autobiography written later in his life, Darwin fully supported his discoveries. Please, fact-check before you make outlandish claims.

Katie1234 replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 5:54 pm :
I've done my research. I firmy believe he did. As I said in my earlier comment, I've done my research. I know my stuff. Based on my research, I came to the conclusion that Darwing died a Christian. 

Sept. 30, 2011 at 5:59 pm :
Really? Then link me to this research please. Darwin did not die a Christian. His fervent Christian wife may have wanted to believe it, but he didn't. And he definitely did NOT say that evolution couldn't possibly be true -- even if he did, it would be irrelevant, since vast scientific evidence backs it up and it is the overarching theme of biology.

Katie1234 replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 6:49 pm :
Are you commenting simply to attack my faith? Science explains a lot of things. It also spends the majority of it's time trying to disprove everything the Bible stands for. I have more faith in the Bible than any science.

Oct. 5, 2011 at 7:44 pm :
I am not commenting to attack anyone's faith. I am commenting to attack a false statement and make a rational point. Also, science serves to explain natural phenomena, NOT to "disprove the Bible". Science exists to explain natural phenomena, it cannot be applied to matters of personal faith. If it disproves the Bible in the process, well, the Bible must be false then. It is kind of interesting how you cannot back up your "research" and then accuse me of attacking your faith instead....

Katie1234 replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 9:08 pm :

I have nothing to prove to you. What is the proof that my statement was false? Just because evidence doesn't support an idea, you think it must be false? Perhaps you don't look in to things hard enough. I can flip to almost any channel on the television, and see someone saying why the Bible is false. 

The Bible is the most proved book in the world. No amount of science will change that. According to science, both bumble bees and helicopters cannot fly. 

Also, science i... (more »)