Images.

By , Ozone Park, NY
The media says that people should look a certain way, to dress a certain way but is that the only way to be pretty or beautiful? If you chose to dress different from others are you ugly? If you have a different shape from others, are you ugly? If you have a different set of values are you a bad person? If you enjoy being treated as an individual do you have the right to be treated so? If you don’t like the same thing everyone else dose, are you bad? The answers to these questions vary. The media says that we must look a certain way that certain unacceptable behaviors are acceptable. Well are they? No. Is it acceptable to walk your of your house and go partying with no panties on? No, but then to each their own. What I am saying here is that everyone is special, everyone is unique and everyone is different, each with his or her own purpose. It is acceptable to not be a size two and still be pretty, it is acceptable to not be stick thin and be pretty. So, I enjoy being treated as an individual and speak up when I think something is wrong. I have found a way to speak up. I notice that a lot of people are under the impression that only one image can be beautiful but the image is taken by different photographers in different angles. Meaning that not every image is the same. Every one person is not meant to look he same. Everyone is different in values, style and body type. The point of this is to let people know that everyone is beautiful.

TaylorTWLOHA said...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:24 am:
<33                      

BellaLuna said...
Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:45 am:
its the writer here!:) well i did see that i failed to mention the skinny girl and she is still pretty and nothing is wrong with her but no one should strive to be her because that is how she was made just as you were made as you were skinny should not try to be different either. skinny is pretty as well and is her she is pretty and herself and when you are yourself you are as beautiful as they come

maza.love said...
May 9, 2009 at 10:14 pm:
Ah, but is a girl that is too skinny still pretty? I see you failed to mention her. Keep in mind that the media is not saying, "You'll be happier when you're thinner." It is saying, "You'll be thinner when you're happier." Just because someone is thin doesn't mean they're the best, and just because someone isn't thin doesn't mean they're the best either. I see your point, but try to hide your bias a little better. Obviously, this is the Opinion section and you ar... (more »)

read.like.roses said...
May 3, 2009 at 5:30 pm:
Yes! You are SO right!