Should We Support Coachella? | Teen Ink

Should We Support Coachella?

June 7, 2018
By Anonymous

Coachella, so i've done the math it can cost anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 dollars to go to coachella. But where the hell is all of your money for this weekend event going. Well for anyone who supports lgbt rights and various other liberal beliefs may be highly disappointed . Philip Anschutz the man behind Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) might be a right wing conservative who hates the gays.The opinion I have formed from the evidence I have been  presented with is a strong one. WHY DO WE STILL SUPPORT THIS GUY, seriously it has been rumored that he has donated to a number of anti-LGBTQ groups such as Alliance Defending Freedom, National Christian Foundation and Family Research Council. As a young liberal I think that it is so important that we keep track of the people who are behind the big events we love too support.

Obviously everyone deserves their right to whatever opinion but if you are going to preach about your beliefs and how great of a person you are then go support a person who very clearly and openly objects your stance on political issues.


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece because I want to understand why we would still support a pretty awful guy.