Why Social Media Should Be Seen in a Positive Way | Teen Ink

Why Social Media Should Be Seen in a Positive Way

By ImInAWasteland BRONZE, Weathherford, Texas
ImInAWasteland BRONZE, Weathherford, Texas

There are 3.03 billion people active on social media. That means there are 3.03 billion people able to access information any time they please, connecting with people around the world. People become informed the second new information is presented. This shows social media to be very beneficial to everyone.

Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat are a few of the platforms millions use everyday. Every second there is a new update from someone, whether it be a breaking news story or a picture of a dog. We are able to receive and connect with new information and knowledge in an instant. There’s no need to wait for the nightly news to come on to see what the weather will be like when you can go to a weather page on Facebook and get it right then.

Many people use dating apps to meet others and spark up a relationship that could last a lifetime. Twenty percent actually currently have committed relationships from these dating apps. Using these apps allow other to find someone who has common interests as themselves and it allow people to have the opportunity to be a soul mate.
Social media is a good way to connect and receive information all over the world. Using different apps like Snapchat and Watsapp help to connect people around the world.  It is used as a platform to share information and ideas as well. To conclude, social media is useful and valuable to society.