A Rebuttal | Teen Ink

A Rebuttal

By davismkammerer GOLD, Newmarket, New Hampshire
davismkammerer GOLD, Newmarket, New Hampshire

wow. the ultimate sin. I've gone mad. well, might as well bring my execution quickly. so, with smash 4 Nintendo switch coming up, I figured what better time to talk about it? a lot of people hate clones, they see it as a waste of a slot. Sakurai's comment on this was

"This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”

Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped."

I disagree with both the fans and Sakurai. it's not a waste of a slot, and it's NOT a desert (i grimace just typing that out.) it's a waste of a character. if you don't know quite what I mean, think about it this way. each character in smash bros. is a biography of say, Mario. if a biography about someone you really like or have a lot of interest in was basically copied and pasted, you'd be frustrated. now imagine you knew this person personally. now you're [REDACTED] INFURIATED. so that's more of what clones REALLY are.

I disagree with Sakurai. FITE ME.