Would You? | Teen Ink

Would You?

August 9, 2015
By Anissia_ BRONZE, Bronx, New York
Anissia_ BRONZE, Bronx, New York
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Did you ever wonder 'what if'? Yeah I know, it's pretty cliché to start off a journalism piece with a question that everyone has asked before. Everyone has had that simple thought, but very few can answer the question. As I continue my life, hopefully for a hundred years to come, I seem to ask my self this question more often. 'What if I hadn't found journalism? What if I never decided to earn a living in writing? What if I never fell in love with a pen and a camera?' With every question asked, I have no answer to.

I guess the point of this piece of amateur journalism is, what if you hadn't done something? Would you notice the difference in your life? What would you be doing different? Who would have you met? As simple as these questions sound, there are so many complex answers and justifications. The basic shower thought becomes so much more if you could see what happened and how life turned out, but you and I both know that isn't a possibility; but what I know is a possibility? To continue to live life the way you want to, if you're doing something you hate at this moment find something you love and do it. Reach for what ever makes you happy in the end, so when you grow old you can sleep peacefully with no regrets.

So I must ask, what if you didn't do something?


The author's comments:

I was siting down pondering over my choice of a future career, I looked back at the dreams and hopes of what I wanted to be; only to see how I ended up changing my mind in the end. When I was little I've been focused on my old dream job as a United States Marine, but as I grew into my teenage years I soon realized I have the choice to become an amazing photographer and journalist. That's when I thought 'what if?'. An hour later I had a full piece on my hands, ready to publish and make others smile and think about their choices as well.