Cherry Blossom | Teen Ink

Cherry Blossom

March 28, 2015
By Anonymous

January 1st, 2015, I was walking to school, as usual. While I was walking, something beautiful, caught my eyes. It was pink, and the smell led me to an imagination where I would calmly, peacefully, eat my homemade lunch box by myself as the petals were falling. Walking while the petals were falling down on my head was just like curing a person who’s harmed. For fun, I picked one specific petal and stored it in my ziploc.


I was sitting way back of the classroom, next to the window. While my  teacher was talking about the fundamentals of linear equations, I wasn't paying any attention. I would put my elbow on my desk and my head leaning against my hand and just stare at those kids who were playing soccer in P.E. There were cherry blossoms everywhere and again, it was too beautiful. While I was doing that, my eyes were too sleepy. Yep, the nice weather, the beautiful sight and the boring class led me to sleep. I think I was drooling, which is kind of embarrassing. Of course, my teacher would come near me and yell, “WAKE UP!” It was so loud, I thought she was using a speakerphone. When she was about to give me a punishment, the brunch bell saved me. I ran as fast as an ostrich to my secret place where nobody can find it. I laid back on the grass to catch my breathe. I was so lucky and I would never want her punishments. They’re the worst. And as I was staring at the sky, I was wondering, “Was it the cherry blossom petal that saved me?”